Tearing it down

mojoreef

Just a reefer
I wish I could get some better pictures for you, they just dont do the rockwork justice.

Hey, what are you using to bond the rocks together? And what are you using to mount the flat pieces to the glass, standard silicoln?

For the flats that go against the glass wall, yes I am using silicone, I buy it from a automotive supply place as it is much cheaper, you can get it in tubes and it has no additives in it. For the rock to rock I am using a couple of different things, One is a black pond foam for pieces that I join that are not structural, for stuff that carries some weight or is more important I use a hydrolic water stop cement, it dries fast and does not take very much time to off gas, so it doesnt effect your PH like normal cement would. Its in the bucket on the counter.

I will try and get some more pics up.

Mojo

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Alright so we made enough progress with the bigger pieces so I figured I would cut up some little shelves to kind of give the rockwork some detail and some coral placing areas.

0016.JPG

Then made a bunch of them

0027.JPG

Then found neat and creative ways to mount them onto the rock work, lol

0039.JPG

Never give Matt the foam can lol

0045.JPG

and then glue in a bunch

0083.JPG

0182.JPG

mojo

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Ok so all the scaping is done, still having issues taking a decent picture but here are some shots

Right side

0063.JPG

Middle of the tank from kind of a top down

0211.JPG

From the middle top looking right

0202.JPG

This one came out half decent from the right looking left

0233.JPG

Then looking from the middle to the left from the top. Show the big island thats kind of on its own

0241.JPG

So the sand is in and the water is mixing, we will give her a fill tomorrow.

Mojo

Frankie

RS STAFF
That's killer dude! The 4th shot really shows the shape of things. Well done!

Lets see some shots of the calcium reactor. :poke:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Wow that looks great Mike !
How many lbs. of rock did you end up with in the tank and are you going to have enough room to let the colonies continue to grow out ?

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Thanks for all the kinds words folks I do appreciate.

Wow that looks great Mike !
How many lbs. of rock did you end up with in the tank and are you going to have enough room to let the colonies continue to grow out ?

I would say theirs about 600 lbs???? But I did it in kind of a different manner. So on the closed loops which are two 5600gph pumps on motorized ball valves I have about 24 outputs into the tank, this takes up about 6 inches of the back of the tank (which is 3 feet in total) . With the rock I created a kind of shear wall by cutting the rock and making one side flat, this allowed me to stay tight to it, from their everything that comes into the tank itself is either swim throughs, arches, ledges or an island. So the vast majority of the weight is on the back wall and then the Island itself weighs about 75 lbs? So the whole thing was designed to place my corals back in the tank, I think I should be good...I hope lol

Mojo

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Well its filled with water right now, I just did some bacteria in a bottle to it and put all the worms and such I had salvaged off the old rock and sand. Not really much to see right now as all I have over it is a 6 inch desk lamp, lol Still waiting on the LEDS to get finished up and I tore down the MH's.

Mojo

mojoreef

Just a reefer
I went with the mojo-shines, lol I got a contact in china so I was able to buy direct from cree and then I have a buddy that is going to put them together for me.

IMG_0107-1.jpg