Tearing it down

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Ok dragged my big butt into the tank and did a little simple plumbing...or should I say "Lego for Adults"??? lol

So on my tank I run two closed loops, each one has a motorized ball valve so it drives a 3000gph pump one way into the tank and then every couple of minutes it switches over to the other side.

0035.JPG

From their it goes into the tank. On the tank side I just built simple tree's made out of a couple of 4 ways and didnt glue it, I will attach locline to each output. The concept here is to build the locline into the rockwork so I want to be able to adjust as I go for both length and direction. Anyway here is a quick pic.

0013.JPG

0024.JPG

Mojo

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I really like that idea. I've never seen a set up like that.

So what makes the ball valve switch? I mean how is it told "every few minutes switch sides"?

mojoreef

Just a reefer
I use a little timer that you can set to whatever time, it controls both of them. I have these two motorized ball valves running constantly for 8 years?? lol

41Timer_repeat_cycle.jpg

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I use a little timer that you can set to whatever time, it controls both of them. I have these two motorized ball valves running constantly for 8 years?? lol

41Timer_repeat_cycle.jpg

Do you have a link? Thanks a ton, and excellent plumbing design!

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Sorry about that Funland I didnt realize you have had to register.

Ok little update. While I am waiting for the last of the rock I decided to look around the fish room and see how things were looking, so I take a peek at my sump and its bowed like 2.5 inches in the middle all the baffles have broken off and its kind of warping up the sides????

IMG_20111105_113122.jpg

So I ripped it out and with the good graces of my buddy Peppie, we brought it to his shop. We decided to just reenforced the corners with some triangles and then scribed in some new baffles.
IMG_20111105_1133401.jpg

Peppie making some snow
IMG_20111105_113346.jpg

and then gluing them in.
IMG_20111106_095731.jpg

mojo

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Ok so we finely started on the rockwork, so not much talking just lots of pics. Big thanks to Matt, Dave, and Eric for coming over and helping me make it happen.

Gathered up some of the tools of the trade.
0026.JPG

0015.JPG

Time for some cutting!!

0044.JPG

0052.JPG

Not sure why we started with an arch but we had to get the creative stuff out of the way, lol
0062.JPG

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Ok time for some walls

0082.JPG

Caulking some of the flats

009.JPG

0103.JPG

drilling for some zipties

0111.JPG

and then trying to find the hole you just drilled

012.JPG

then snugging them tight

0141.JPG

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Ok here is the right side of the tank, its really hard to see the detail as the rock color and texture is all the same, but their are 4 overhanging arches and a bunch of shelving

021.JPG

Then on the right looking towards the center

0182.JPG

and the top down on the right so you get an idea of the arches and ledges

0201.JPG

So we ran out of locline so while I am waiting I will do some dressing up, by cutting back the foam, adding some small ledges and filling in the black foam with some smaller pieces to hide the gaps

Mojo

N83259

Mojo:

Dang it man your post just cost me some cha ching $$$! This is what I should have done from the very start! I can see a one year re-do of my system coming up as a winter project. Excellent post....following along......thanks for posting!

Hey, what are you using to bond the rocks together? And what are you using to mount the flat pieces to the glass, standard silicoln?