Sy's RSM250 adventure

Sy101

A few close up pics, I'm not sure why but pictures always look a lot more blue than the tank does
I'm unsure of coral names as they came in frag packs and didn't look anything like the online picture so if anyone can identify any I'd appreciate it.
My 1st Sps
718fba26.jpg

The clowns hanging around home, I fell into the brilliant pure white amemone looked cool trap until I researched and found he was dying but that was some 8 months ago. He seems healthy enough now
8f6df74e.jpg

e4917f78.jpg

53eeafe4.jpg

Zoa's moving in on birds nest 's patch
fef89d74.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful new corals and the nem hosting the clowns is very cool, great that he got his color back & is doing well !

Sy101

Seems like my mini tank crash as sorted itself out, I've been doing larger water changes for the last 3 weeks of 40lt instead of 25lt. All corals and remaining fish are looking great and healthy.

I believe this is a seriatopora of some type (correct me if I'm wrong)
a95b2617.jpg

Mr mandarin is back to his old self
713dc2a1.jpg

I'm really happy with the overall look of the tanks, alive with colour!
9eedd825.jpg

Sy101

I've switched the bulbs around again this time for a whiter crisp light all ATI bulbs
Front to back
Aquablue special
Purple plus
Blue
Blue
Aquablue special
Aquablue special

The ati bulbs have definently increased coral growth & colour

ho02ody

Sy your tank looks great, looks like the crash didn't affect any corals, that hammer is huuuuge,
Hoping my tank will look similar to this one day, is that pulsing Xenia I see lurking in the back ground?
I used to love that stuff but glad its all gone now!
How do you plan on using your profilux to its full potential? I'm only using the standard settings so far, have had no need to do anything too in depth with it up till now, finally should get my Vortech controller on Monday. R
Regards Dan

Sy101

Cheers dan
I'm sure your tank will do soon, I'm thinking it won't be to long until I'll need to frag some of these corals as your the only reefer I know local to me I'll give ya 1st dibs lol
Regarding the profiliux I'm not sure yet. I want to add the Ato plus I like your rain effects.
Im thinking about hanna testers but I'm still hoping profilux come up with there own range of testers

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I use that exact combo, Sy. You're tank is looking fantastic.

David, I got mine from reefgeeks. Great customer service. If you are looking for a different look, just let them know and they will make suggestions on what lighting combo you need.

Sy101

Hi David, I hear good things on here about reef geeks I'd try there. Ati bulbs are fairly hard to find here in the uk but well worth it.

Thanks John, both me and my corals seem to really love the crisp light from the Ati bulbs. Better still there over £30 cheaper than the standard rsm bulbs lol

Sy101

Thanks Jeffrey, I've been following your tank thread through incredible jealous eyes lol I can't wait to see it come to life

jeffrey

Thanks Jeffrey, I've been following your tank thread through incredible jealous eyes lol I can't wait to see it come to life

Waiting on Reef Cleaners to send the Florida Dry Coral Rock that I ordered the other day. Again, your tank is really beautiful. Did you start it with live rock or dry rock?

davidsuli

Very excited, i just ordered the ati bulbs :) also i ordered te stevie media rack yayyyyy
I would of bough the led but i havent seen anybody get it yet.... im talking about the modularled

Sy101

Waiting on Reef Cleaners to send the Florida Dry Coral Rock that I ordered the other day. Again, your tank is really beautiful. Did you start it with live rock or dry rock?

I transferred 17kg LR from my 1 st reef tank and added about 10kg from my local store. The new rock was full of live which was a good & a bad thing! Loads of feather dusters, bits of coral but I the downside I've 'been crab fishing serval times lol

How much rock have you ordered for your 400?

Sy101

Very excited, i just ordered the ati bulbs :) also i ordered te stevie media rack yayyyyy
I would of bough the led but i havent seen anybody get it yet.... im talking about the modularled

You'll love the new bulbs and so will your corals.
I heard this week that our main online retailer will soon be getting the Steve T media rack. What media are you planning to run with. I like the idea of adding a light in the sump and growing cheato

I love the idea of LEDs but my main concern with the rsm is with the closed hood the LEDs are to close to the water and when looking through the tank you can really see the beams from each light. I only run a tmc reef blue led strip and I have to keep the brightness low to prevent this

davidsuli

Yeah i love the idea to glow some chaeto :) first i will need a submetible light to grow the chaeto, i had the tmc aquaray reef blue on my rsm 130 but falled into the water n didnt turn back again. Would it be enough just one strip for the rsm 250 ? How do u like yours ?

Sy101

In hind sight I should have brought the marine blue aquaray because of the combo of white & blue LEDs. I do really like the shimmer it gives and it seems a lot brighter than 1 t5 but I'm only running mine at 80% because the blue is so over powering.
Bad luck on your aquaray, 1 is enough to add to the rsm t5 lighting mainly for effect and brighter moon light while your watching your tank

jeffrey

I transferred 17kg LR from my 1 st reef tank and added about 10kg from my local store. The new rock was full of live which was a good & a bad thing! Loads of feather dusters, bits of coral but I the downside I've 'been crab fishing serval times lol

How much rock have you ordered for your 400?

I ordered 80 pounds, I'm hoping that will be enough.