Steved13's RSM 250

jpsika08

LOL, I was like this with the new tank, thinking of stating really slowly and maybe have the tank up in some months, but seeing it the poor thing there standing without water, impossible not to rush things :D

I would suggest selling the tank without the livestock so you can have a "Starter kit" on the 250 G, JMHO, hopefully you sell the tank quickly, once you empty it, I bet you'll find lots of hithhikers on the back chamber, when I emptied mine, it was interesting seeing lots of critters hidden in the back.

steved13

PREMIUM
I know what you mean Juan, some of it is excitement and wanting to see it in action, but most of it is it's more about it being a lot bigger than I expected, and now I just want to get things to the final point. The new tank is to big for the room by far, and having the RSM here also doesn't help things. I planned on moving the livestock over to the new tank (and probably will end up that way), but if I had a buyer and could get the old tank out of the way sooner I'd sell it stocked.

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Leigh, Right now I haven't advertised it or anything. I'm hoping it will sell by word of mouth. If it hasn't sold when the new tank comes on line, I'll move the livestock, then I'll clean up this one and sell it.

Talk about a day late and a dollar short....I am new here and found this forum a couple days ago when I started researching the RSM250. I saw a slightly used one for sale locally last week, bought it yesterday and ordered 100lbs of live rock this morning. The only thing better would have been to find a fully funtioning setup that is local but what's the chances of that right?

So, for the last couple of days I've been reading this forum alot, going through the hundreds of posts and information on everyones builds. I finally started reading this one and really like the build...very similar to what I will probably end up with in the long run. So, I finally hit the end of this thread and see you are considering selling. This would have been the perfect system to buy and I see you are in Treasure Island and I am 30 minutes away in Tampa! What's the chances you want to break your RSM down and sell me all the equipment? lol. I would take pretty much everything (chiller, Vortechs, Apex, ATO, TLF, Profilux, etc). I'm wondering if I should just buy your whole setup and sell the tank I just bought but don't know what to do with the 100lbs of live rock coming!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
SpacemanSpliff - welcome to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club!

I'm sure you'll hear from Steve soon.

steved13

PREMIUM
Welcome Spaceman spliff!!!

Tom, hit it right on the head. I have sold the Vortechs, ATO and Chiller...I am re-using the Apex, and profilux doser on the new tank. I have the Tank, stand, and hood, LifeReef overflow, sump, Skimmer, TLF reactor, 2 Tunze Pumps, stock RSM pumps.

If you're interested send me a PM.