Steved13's RSM 250

steved13

PREMIUM
Juan, I noticed you use the same return pump I'm considering...do you like it?

Anything I need??? CASH LOL!!

I still need to try and keep everything in the stand under the tank, I don't have a fish room behind it, someday that is a goal.

Thanks you're always helpful.

jpsika08

I LOVE IT! Really quiet and effective, I had it outside my kids rooms and never woke them up, so it passed the silence test. Also never failed and delivered as promised, I think it's a great option, I have the Gold Dart which delivers 3,800 GPH, the new Super Dart Gold delivers 4,200 GPH, I got mine on ebay at $ 270.00, if you would like a used one (if you still don't have it) there are lots of them being sold at the market place at RC.

LOL on the Cash, I need it too hahahahaha I will begin a Juan's Tank fund raiser scheme :D

You're welcome, really exciting a new tank ain't it?

tnwillia

Hey Steve, I may not have gone back far enough, did you put your AI SOLs on the 250 or are they for your new tank? I'm wondering if I'd need 2 for my 250. Did you get the "blues" or the "whites"? Thanks!

steved13

PREMIUM
I LOVE IT! Really quiet and effective, I had it outside my kids rooms and never woke them up, so it passed the silence test. Also never failed and delivered as promised, I think it's a great option, I have the Gold Dart which delivers 3,800 GPH, the new Super Dart Gold delivers 4,200 GPH, I got mine on ebay at $ 270.00, if you would like a used one (if you still don't have it) there are lots of them being sold at the market place at RC.

LOL on the Cash, I need it too hahahahaha I will begin a Juan's Tank fund raiser scheme :D

You're welcome, really exciting a new tank ain't it?

Thanks Juan, Yes I'm enjoying the build.

I was at the LFS today (had to bring more money LOL) it is the super dart gold that I'll be getting.

steved13

PREMIUM
Hey Steve, I may not have gone back far enough, did you put your AI SOLs on the 250 or are they for your new tank? I'm wondering if I'd need 2 for my 250. Did you get the "blues" or the "whites"? Thanks!

Hi Tom, I bought 2 super blue modules for the RSM 250, but now I will add 4 more and put 6 on the new tank. I just got them at the end of last week. I tried them on the RSM 250 on Sunday. I loved the color, and the shimmer, looks much more natural than the T5s. I was a little disappointed with the spread of them, They need to be elevated, other wise the tank has spots that are to bright and others that are dark. I didn't get the extra optics to change them all to 70 degrees, I think that would help. Since your running open top already, just get them up about 8" or so off the water and I think they'll look great.

I tried them with the neptune controller, and I finally figured it out, but I ordered the AI controller. The Neptune was designed when the AI had 2 colors blue and white. Now thay have 3 colors blue, royal blue, and white...the AI controller lets you control all 3 and the Neptune only lets you control blue and white. On the new tank I'm going to run 3 banks of 2 modules and have a controller for each bank, so I can have them come on over the tank like a real sunsrise and then the sunset. They will come on right side begins to ramp up and then the middle and then finally the left and reverse fo sunset. I saw this on another fixture and thought it was pretty cool, so for the price of a couple of more controllers what the heck.

tnwillia

That's great Steve, I'm guessing once you find the 24 hour timing cycle you like the controllers will be set and you won't have to mess with them any more. I've got a lot more reading to do but for now I will go with 2 Blues and hang them over my tank on AI's Frame. I'll get the all 70 degree optics also. Now if I can just wait till Christmas LOL. Thanks for your help!

steved13

PREMIUM
Anytime Tom.

Exactly on the controllers.

If you're going to hang them you will probably get them high enough that you might not need the optics.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tom - you have to get the 70 degree optics direct from Aquailluminations - $25 for a set of 4, to replace the 4 in the middle of each Sol module. No one sells the Sol with all 70 degree optics.

steved13

PREMIUM
I picked up a new camera today. I snapped some tank pics. I have some hair algae hanging around and the tank isn't as clean as I'd like, but I've been busy lately. Let me know what you think:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Tammy, it's all the camera, I'm lucky I figured out which way to point it or you'd be looking at close up pics of my nose.

RSM250PEARL

Congrats on the new camera Steve, very nice snaps! Lovely selection of corals you have there. I couldn't see the video off my phone tho so I'll check back on my laptop later.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The tank is looking fantabulous, as well as the pictures! The corals look super and nice quality on the clown video. :thumbup:

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Kay and Terry. So far I'm pretty pleased with the camera. The only thing I didn't realize is with a DSLR, to shoot macro, I'll need a macro lens. I can get close ups but not right on top of the subject. I'll play with it more and maybe figure something else out though. I got a pretty good deal on a discontinued package at Best Buy, It came with the standard and telephoto lens, the $250 tele, was only $50.

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Terry. You gotta love modern technology, I was at Walmart looking the cameras over and googled something on my phone, and stumbled across the deal at Best Buy, queeried which stores had it in stock and went there. The store didn't even know about the package, I guess it was an online deal, but they honored it.