Steved13's 250G Deep Dimension

steved13

PREMIUM
My intention is to make this a slower build of a 250 Gallon tank 60"x36"x27" it will have a starphire front. The build will take place and move forward as the budget and time allows.

My plan so far is an acrylic sump, with socks, and an i-Tech 400 skimmer. Using a Reeflo dart gold return pump. The lighting will be AI Sol - 5 modules. The stand is 30" tall, and the canopy will be 15" (to get the lighting high enough to spread). The order for the stand and canopy has been placed, I should have an ETA in a day or 2.

I will be adding a good sized bio pellet reactor with a pump for that. Also the plan is for 2 MP40WES although I may need 4.

I will use my Neptune apex and Profilux dosing pump on this tank.

Last edited:

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Glenn, Glad to have you.

Good to have you here Terry.

Make yourself at home everyone.

Last edited:

steved13

PREMIUM
I got an ETA on the stand and canopy, it will ship in 7 to 10 days...much quicker than I thought, and I added doors for access to both sides and I'm having the inside of the canopy painted white to help reflect light back to the tank, I will have tank stand and canopy in place in about 2 weeks. With all else I'll need, it will probably be a couple of months before I get it wet though.

jpsika08

I got an ETA on the stand and canopy, it will ship in 7 to 10 days...much quicker than I thought, and I added doors for access to both sides and I'm having the inside of the canopy painted white to help reflect light back to the tank, I will have tank stand and canopy in place in about 2 weeks. With all else I'll need, it will probably be a couple of months before I get it wet though.

Excellent! have you order the lights yet? considering it will take them several weeks to send them.

steved13

PREMIUM
I have 2 Sol modules that I ordered for the RSM, that I will use on the 250G, I'll need to order 4 more, I may have to wait a little while for the budget to catch up. I might even use only 1 side of the tank for a time, while I'm waiting on the rest of the modules. I think the Sols are caught up now anyway, so it might not be as long once I do order them.

Priority will be sump, pump, and skimmer, so I can start cycling, but even that might take some time for the budget to catch up.

steved13

PREMIUM
I'm really happy with my i-Tech, so the plan is the larger i-Tech 400, but I am considering an external. Since everything has to be in the cabinet for me, I think an in the sump is just as well, which will be the i-Tech.

steved13

PREMIUM
That's what I was thinking, and with it in the cabinet and out of sight, more forgiving if it overflows or something