Snelly's 90 ZEOvit TANK BUILD

Snelly40

not much new this week.. here is an updated FTS with clean sandbed and tang and flame hawk out, you can also see the bsjf's new home on the bottom right under the toadstool, he's sticking his head out :) ... each week there's a little more color than the previous...

5-3 fts.jpg

Snelly40

0ba104a0dce9bc954608b57027b989da.jpg
824872deb4f0a69f1f1cd66f9cc9d952.jpg
fc5f7e30e4caa85b9068e11490899c1f.jpg
4ec57ae654f83e3ab13d4e6a043bff61.jpg
9ef22ab92dc71e5cc5a6911815cec181.jpg

Just some randoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

Hey Snelly, the BSJF looks a little thin. How's it eating? Is it giving you issues? Is it getting enough to eat? Such a pretty fish, thanks for the vid.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Looking good Snelly! As for that coral that bleached, does it have polyps still or is it dead?

Snelly40

Looking good Snelly! As for that coral that bleached, does it have polyps still or is it dead?
Thanks Frankie and nah unfortunately it didn't make it, probably was too early on in the tank but the other one looks good so thinking about trying another soon, maybe a monti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

If it is eating, this is really good!

They probably have high metabolisms like many of the other smaller fishes (gobies, blennies, dragonets, etc.), so will need to eat more.

Maybe bump up the feeding to twice a day. And then when you can, like on your days off, feed it three times a day.

Another thought....They aren't like wrasses where they have intestinal worms? Are they? Sometimes fish who eat a LOT and are still very skinny have internal worms. This happens when nutrients the they take into their bodies ends up feeding the internal worms and the fish slowly wastes away. Most wrasses of the genus Macropharyngodon are known for intestinal worms and so when many reefers get them they de-worm them right away. I did for my Macropharyngodon wrasse. Just something to look into.

Don't freak out that I mentioned internal worms as a possibility. I'm not saying this is the case. I haven't been able to observe your fish. And it could just be high metabolism. Switching its diet to something a little more meatier or more nutritious may help. Or mixing up the type of food you feed the fish may help. Don't feed it the same thing every day. But vary the diet so the fish will get better nutrition.

But, it wouldn't hurt to do little internet research on internal worms for BSJF, which should provided some insight on if these fish are known to have internal worms. Could provide peace of mind.