Snelly's 90 ZEOvit TANK BUILD

Snelly40

@Wrangy @Frankie @Blndbunny thanks guys!! zeo is definately coming along, params are all great, dialed the ZeoStart3 back to 1ml/day and bacterial bloom went away, my fiance even goes "wow that stuff just dissapeared" haha... bsjf dug out a nice home in the back left corner between the rocks and the overflow and seems quite happy. now just playing the waiting game .. one acro unfortunately doesnt look like it will make it but the others look great.
thanks for everything guys!!

sirrealism

Tank is looking great for being so new. Zeo really works. HMMM Going to be pricey but I sure would like to do it on my 300g. I love the black sand. Not sure why that has not more popular then it is.

Snelly40

Tank is looking great for being so new. Zeo really works. HMMM Going to be pricey but I sure would like to do it on my 300g. I love the black sand. Not sure why that has not more popular then it is.

thanks brother!! i love the black sand and in person it's a bit darker, for some reason the camera has trouble with it, probably b/c it's my phone camera..

the Zeo really is great, tank leveled out so quickly and it's much easier than people think, it's a lot of reading at first but like anything like this, it becomes a habit and is 2nd nature.
The reactor will be the most expensive part, i grabbed a vertex one but there are some for less as you'll need a bigger one than mine. After that the additives/bacteria isnt that bad. I always have an extra bag of ZeoVit (the rocks) on hand in case i mess up, but they are like $15bucks for a bag. I go through the ZeoBak the fastest but thankfully it's the least expensive additive. i do a few drops in the morning and night then the others just twice a week and only run carbon with it, so it did save me from buying other media.
If you are thinking of going heavily SPS it is definately the way to go, so many beautiful tanks with SPS everywhere b/c of zeo

Snelly40

@sirrealism i just ordered the 8x8x4 block of marinepure.. it should be here friday and i'll cut it and put it where my sponge is. thanks for the tip, reviews are great

sirrealism

Your welcome. Happy to help. In a few years start checking for aluminum in your water as there have been some reports that these blocks have leached aluminum. There is no proof of this so dont freak out but just check in about 3 years. By then you will prob do something else anyway or replace it in 3 years just to be safe

Snelly40

Your welcome. Happy to help. In a few years start checking for aluminum in your water as there have been some reports that these blocks have leached aluminum. There is no proof of this so dont freak out but just check in about 3 years. By then you will prob do something else anyway or replace it in 3 years just to be safe

i saw that in reading about them, randy farley holmes seems to think it may happen more at the begining and then die off, but the ppm's he said were detected in a triton test still were not enough to bother his leather corals which apparently are the most susceptible. They're also not entirely sure it's from these so we'll see... overall they do sound good though

Snelly40

Welp one of my sps bleached and quickly.... Risk of adding them to a new tank... I have amped up my lights a lot because I'm thinking it wasn't enough lighting, actually I about doubled their strength ...
Levels are perfect and sticking with my zeo routine...
I have upped the sponge power and coral snow ...
Rbta looks amazing and so does everything else...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snelly40

hey guys... looking for some input...
i initially added all that ruble in front of my rocks for the jawfish, thinking he will rearange some and use some for his house... well he used a little but im thinking they make the sand bed look cluttered. On the other hand, my fiance likes the rubble thinking it's a natural look. My whole rockscape is "natural" to me and thats why i went with a more flat horizontal layout so that leaves me torn.
thoughts? pic on the top of the page shows most of the rubble... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Snelly40

Sorry @Wrangy no zoas caught m eye today... But I did grab the last two fish for my tank... Yellow tang which I've always just thought are a must have and this lil guy which I've always wanted but never had!!!

b6e1bde8e911a1095ae54d2fc437bf07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk