Shallow Rimless Build

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and support!

I am sorry to not have any updates yet. The weather has dropped low is temperature keeping me from working in the garage.
I am all done with skinning the stand and will be working on getting it painted after the holidays.
I am still trying to figure out the best way to plumb the closed loop (still need to drill 2 return holes) and am working on a new design for the filtration.

I am sad to say Paul that Sage was put to sleep last year because of a tumor in his stomach. He was not digesting food. I never mentioned it before because it was a horrible experience for me that a year later still smarts.
I had that cat longer then my wife! I am happy I did what I did though and do not have poor memories of him weak and sick. He came into this world strong, survived my bachelor days, (no comment :D ) and left us in peace.

Unfortunately Kitty has not returned. I fear the worse now that it has been two week almost. this has been a tough year to say the least.

Soon I will build a spray booth in my garage and warm it with a heater so I can get the paint done. I'll update this thread as I go along.
I am expecting this project to be up and running by early this coming year.
I will post the sump build soon after I receive the glass.
Thanks all for stopping in and checking up on me.
I pray you all have a blessed and happy holidays!
Frank.

Frankie

RS STAFF
How did the heater work Chris? Do I have a future in portable heater repairs? LOL :)
I have a heater. I really need to just get off my butt and buy some plastic to build the room and a cup gun sprayer. I have the primer already.

Rhodes19

How did the heater work Chris? Do I have a future in portable heater repairs? LOL :)
I have a heater. I really need to just get off my butt and buy some plastic to build the room and a cup gun sprayer. I have the primer already.

No, I didn't get to try it yet. Got side tracked. I'll give you a call when I get home from karate tonight and try it while I have you on the phone (in case you need to call 911 for me). LOL

rgfast

when you start designing the new sump please post ideas for design, Im thinking about building new sump for the 209 designed more around the veovit system

Frankie

RS STAFF
I sure will Guerry.
It will be the same design as in the drawing on the first page and pictures in the second page but the material will be glass and the size will be smaller to fit my new sump space.
It has been warming up here!
After going over to Rhodes house the other night and seeing how warm his green house is with just a heater and plastic film, I think I can do the same and build my spray booth today. I'll get some progress shots up tonight if I make some moves.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yeah man, same to you :)
Chris (Rhodes) invited my family over and we had a great time! His family is just wonderful. The best part was catching Chris looking around his QT tank suddenly, thinking the new wrasse went carpet surfing. :D
You see, the other day when he first got the fish as a gift from his daughter I advised him to put a shallow tray of sand in the QT tank for it to sleep in.
He did it, but I think he was skeptical about it until he saw the fish missing suddenly and had to dig the fish out for himself to be sure it didn't jump out! :lol:

After that we just came home stuffed and watched a movie until the ball dropped. It was a great day!

A short update on my stand, I have begun the paint job yesterday. I am still priming so I will need a few days before I post any pictures.
Once the paint is done I can move this into the house and setup my shop to build all the filtration doors and skimmer for it. I'm hoping for some water by the end of February.

Rhodes19

Yeah man, same to you :)
Chris (Rhodes) invited my family over and we had a great time! His family is just wonderful. The best part was catching Chris looking around his QT tank suddenly, thinking the new wrasse went carpet surfing. :D
You see, the other day when he first got the fish as a gift from his daughter I advised him to put a shallow tray of sand in the QT tank for it to sleep in.
He did it, but I think he was skeptical about it until he saw the fish missing suddenly and had to dig the fish out for himself to be sure it didn't jump out! :lol:

After that we just came home stuffed and watched a movie until the ball dropped. It was a great day!

A short update on my stand, I have begun the paint job yesterday. I am still priming so I will need a few days before I post any pictures.
Once the paint is done I can move this into the house and setup my shop to build all the filtration doors and skimmer for it. I'm hoping for some water by the end of February.

Nothing like the scare of finding your dead fish present with the gifter in the room. :bouncebox Fortunatly, it was like Frankie said and it was sleeping in the sand. :)

Rhodes19

I think he has it painted now. The last time I talked with him, he had to go get a respirator because it was messing with his lungs. Ah, I remember the days when there were no child labor laws and I used to help polyurethane wooden floors with no masks. Those were the high times..... LOL