Seth's RSM 500

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
+1 to Oxy :) feather dusters :) and a barnacle :)

I love having little creatures growing amongst my acro's :D I have one that has a bright red christmas tree worm growing out of the acro, it's awesome :)

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Tank looks incredible.
What does the cleaner wrasse eat?
I've read they can be difficult.

Thanks everyone! The cleaner is actually a pig of a fish, and always has a fat stomach. I know they are better in ocean then in a tank, but I still reckon better in my tank then in small little box in the lfs. He eats everything from nori, brine and Mysis to pellets. So I'm pretty happy with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flame had been an absolute Gem. I've had him for 1yr now and he spends all dat grazing rocks and too loves pellets and whatever else is on offer. To date (touch wood) I Havnt had any fish going after any corals or clam.

Wolffman64

Good luck with that. I did the exact same thing and I was very clear I don't know macs and don't want to be her tech support if she gets a Mac. I still got non-stop questions about why doesn't XYZ work (and it's usually user error). :)

I do fully realize macs are often considered better for art and editing, though.

Hahaha, yup I know what you mean!

I am now free of all that, since she knows I'm a stubborn bastard and will stick to what I said :smoking:

Wolffman64

Mate the tanks looks awesome, not so sure I want you to see my tank now..... :bow:

Sounds like a good plan with the editing software

Thanks bud! I'm sure I can't learn heaps for you tho! Let me know whenever suits you, I always have my laptop with me at site and happy to run through a few little easy adjustments!

A quick questions regarding nori. I've found that fish are a lot happier with a good supply of nori, hence I'm giving them almost a full sheet every day which they are completely demolishing. I'm feeding basically a quarter sheet at a time, wrapped around some PVC pipe with an elastic band. I found that using the clip was just too easy for them and made a big mess. So now it takes them a little longer but a lot less wastage. My main question tho is, is it possible to over feed nori? And besides for watching phosphate and nitrate. Anything else I should be weary of?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
on the nori - tangs are grazers and use to feeding all day long in the oceans... one sheet a day in a RSM 500 is fine, I have only one yellow tang & hang a 1/2 sheet daily - with a few drops of VitaChem on it - imo a huge key to their health & fighting off ich

Wolffman64

Not sure mate, but I have been told in the past that overfeeding nori cause Phosphate problems, but I can't verify that..

Thanks for the input, I think i will continue to feed this way and keep an eye on the water params.
Jan do you know any good places to get CUC in sydney. I was at Marine fish direct on the weekend and picked up some stromb snails, and was going to get some others, but it seems that the snails they are selling for $10 each are exactly the same as those you can find on the rocks around most beaches (whilst i know we are not allowed to collect.....)
I really wanted to try get some nassarius snails and some turbos etc
Currently i have approx 4-5 hermits, a turban snail, quite a few other funky looking things, brittle stars, and wide range that i have found came with the LR... but i thought it might be worth diversifying the CUC or just adding a bit to it...

Wolffman64

I have found it to be a bit of a problem to find as well. Turbo, nassarius and cerith snails I couldn't find in any LFS. I ended up ordering online from various sites like oceanarium etc. I still need more cerith snails but I can't find anybody who sells them :mad: Please let me know if you find a good place to buy cerith

I have to drive to Canberra on Friday over the day with my kids, since our Swedish passports are about to expire (the kids have to other passports each, but only have one) so I was going to drive past the Marine Fish Direct shop. Is it worth visiting? At least he seems to have a lot of stock on his website...

Hay mate, just to let you know, Majestic has an order of 200+ snails that should be coming in this Thurs... I will check it out and let you know if there is anything of interest. Sorry for not getting back to you about Marine fish direct, did you make it in there? He apparently has two shops (only the one in narrellen is open to the public tho...)

Wolffman64

Cheers. Please let me know if majestic get some snails, I'll be away this week but get home on Sunday.

I went to the narellen, but it didn't have what he claims to have on the website though. I still bought a foxface and a mandarin.