Seth's RSM 500

Thanks guys, appreciate the info on the snail..... as soon as i find him again i will be getting him out the tank!
I would really like to get a potters, but am concerned that the flame might get too aggressive, and would hate to cause an ich outbreak...
heres a pic of the idol from this evening

Oxylebius

Have you noticed that snail causing any harm to your corals? I wasn't able to find much about them, what photos I was able to find showed the snail on gorgonians. Not sure what the snail eats, it was an assumption that it may eat gorgonians based on the photos I was able to find of it.

I can't say that I have noticed any damage caused by the snail yet. And he does spend most of his time on the gorgonians, I will keep an eye on it and see what he does. Thanks for the input. I greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolffman64

that was the one you talked to wrangy about the other day (I think...)

It is through a local (AU) website, and the details are "Sunday 28th September THIS WEEKEND! Frag Swap at AsquithAquariums"

I have very little/nothing to swap, but thought it would be fun to meet up. Not sure how many people will go though... I'll check

Hmmm that sounds cool. I too don't have any frags I can offer, but would be cool to check out. Let me know what time yr going and we can try meet up.

Wolffman64

Hmmm that sounds cool. I too don't have any frags I can offer, but would be cool to check out. Let me know what time yr going and we can try meet up.

Sorry mate, I got "hijacked" just as I was about to leave, so I never went. Did you go?

That's alright. It happens. I didn't land up going either.

In other news though. I'm sad to report that I have had my first casualty in the tank. It seems my flame angel has been eaten by my bta. Poor little fella. I'm not too sure why or how it happened. But I came home from. Work yesterday and saw the anemone looking like it had just been fed, and I cannot find the flame angel anywhere. So I'm assuming the worst.....

Wolffman64

That's bad mate, but if the BTA took it, it must have been something wrong with it. Doesn't make it less sad though...

Yeah I agree. I'm not sure what was wrong tho. The angle seemed fine prior, but I did notice that morning that he had what looked like a pimple on his forehead. I am hoping to get a two angles together when I get back from a trip I'm going on. I was thinking a combo of African flame back and potters. But I'm open to suggestions. Anyway. Here's a cool shot of my lawnmower I just took. Such a cool fish!
d131928ce7daa950cf27c6ee15530f6e.jpg

gday all, its been a little while since I've posted any updates on the tank!!

I went away for 2 weeks to the Ningaloo reef in Western Australia. The inside of the reef is endless plains of hard corals, and an abundance of fish life. I think the highlight was diving a cleaning station. The station was set up over a massive cabbage coral colony over 6m wide, with reef shark after reef shark, coming in and getting their teeth shined! We also spent some time finding manta rays to snorkel with. I had a fantastic experience with a large female and a juvenile. The juvenile's underside was completely black like the rest of his body, which apparently is quite rare. Overall is was awesome!

So prior to leaving i did a 150L water change, put on the auto feeder, and asked a neighbour to refill RO tank when needed, and hoped for the best! I must admit i wasn't actually that worried about the tank. To date it has seemed very stable. I came home to find my the tank looking even better then when i left. The rocks seemed to be a lot cleaner and there was no presence of any algae. I did a water test and all params where pretty much the best they have ever been.

Hence i did some shopping and got a lovely toad stool and a few acans. I also decided to get the moorish idol out, his dorsal seemed a lot shorter on my return, and the tangs seemed to be chasing him. I also got four chromis as when i was diving i spent some time watching a school of juveniles weave through the acros and i realised how cool they actually are!

Here's a shot i took today.