Seeking Guidance, Information & Patience - New Red Sea Max 130D Owner

Lipman

Depends really.

If its my night time leds (stock moonlights) are on and the chiller is not running it will run for about 45 - 50 Min.
Day time lights - 15 - 25 chiller
Day time lights and chiller 5 - 10 min.

I could put the chiller on surge only but i figured ive only see the power go off for about 5 min so i left it on backup batt/Surge for now.

Soupylou

Thanks Guys for the feedback :)

Day 1:Red Reef Mature Pro Kit Of Cycling:

6a8egu6y.jpg

Before implementing the Reef Mature program I had to ensure my tank has the following conditions:

•1.024 Salinity
• water temperature at a steady 26-28c

Note: My tank was running at 25. I therefore turn off the cooling fan, to raise the temperature.

1 - added 25ml of Nitro Bac (blend of nitrifying & denitrifying bacteria.

2 - added 10ml of Bacto-Start (Bacteria Growth Starter

3 - added 3ml of Red Sea No3 Po4 -X to the water.

Soupylou

I think it's perfect for assisting with the fishless cycle specially as I am colour blind :)

But I am researching in proper monitor right now.

Soupylou

Re: Seeking Guidance, Information & Patience - New Red Sea Max 130D Owner

I'm looking at buying the nepture system apex.

I would prefer device which took my daily water parameters instead of dealing with test kits.

Any recommendations?

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
The GHL Profilux or the Neptune apex are both getcontrollers with different test probes, however certain parameter monitors are not on the market yet and when they do become available for the specific controllers they'll be massively expensive like any new tech.
You won't go wrong with the profilux or the apex as they are both great but I'll be getting the profilux with my tax return, fingers crossed :D

I hope that makes sense/helps :)

Soupylou

Day Two Of Cycle:

ehajyza5.jpg

Salinity: 1.025

Red Sea Reef Mature Pro Kit:

I had to test and record the Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate levels: Approximate readings should be as follows: Total Ammonia 1ppm, Nitrite 0.1ppm, Nitrate 36ppm

Test Results:

heza7y4a.jpg

Red Sea Test Kit Nitrite: I read the results as 0.50ppm as its greyish in colour.

hutazata.jpg

Red Sea Test Kit Nitrate: I read this at 50 ppm
upygeda9.jpg

It then instructs you to add 10ml of Nitro Bac & add 3ml of Red Sea No3 PO4-x

Soupylou

Finally I have focused my limited creative skills and managed to create a la rock!

My evil skull head shaped rock on the front, looks very impressive under the blue light.

me7yze2u.jpg

Soupylou

My cycle is going nicely but I've noticed this:

upuganyd.jpg

Is this part of the process of cycling?

I am using the Red Sea Max Reef Mature start up kit and I am adding daily KH Coraline Grow bugger.

Am I seeing different types of green filament pus algae and diatoms?

I have as of yet not added any clean up crew, as I am going very slow and have no plans to add them until I've return from Boston in August.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
That is all part of the cycle. It is what is called "ugly tank syndrome" which every new tank goes through, it'll pass with time!