Seeking Guidance, Information & Patience - New Red Sea Max 130D Owner

Wolffman64

Technically I didn't no - I'm catholic.....not sure if I would need to confess my killing ability to the priest & it would result in weird and confused conversation. Can you imagine? Lol

'But father, his red eyes glowed in the blue hue of the night, showing off his prowess by randomly doing crab like press ups, I'm sorry but he had to go for my reef protection'

He would just think It was metaphor for STD and continue to look at me as the girl who got crabs lol

So therefore my house mate will be the reef residential killer or Mr flush the porcelain maker of death and leave my sins at bay.

Besides my house mate motto:

'You didn't buy it, we shall bin it' so yes Mr Devil Claw Crab is no longer in the building'

Now I must go and watch bit of Greys Anatomy or I'd end up with having nightmares about huge human size crabs. But thank you Goma for ur role as shinning reef knight.

The link you sent is amazebslls - I have booked marked it.

Hahaha, I really like your sense of humour, really made me laugh!

Soupylou

Thanks Peeps for the kind words - today I have created this little baby:

7u2asypy.jpg

This is for the house reef tank the Aqua Blenny - I have told my house mate to sign up and do an thread.

tangers

Hiya

Just thought I might ask- how are you finding the AWC? I'm thinking of getting one as my next purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Soupylou

Hiya

Just thought I might ask- how are you finding the AWC? I'm thinking of getting one as my next purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I personally love it as my tank is upstairs and saves me lugging heavy buckets around, I'm looking to purchase the auto topper as well.

Soupylou

I've Just done a water change and this dude has popped up on my glass:

a6aqeha7.jpg

Seems pretty harmless - Anyone got an ID?

GregT

+2 totally addictive. I only wish I'd put my tank in the main lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Soupylou

I've had SOS call from my house mate this evening.

He came home to find the study room was full of burnt smell.

On further investigation, he noticed lots of tiny black dots scattered about in my display tank.

He has done water change and found the Res Sea Max Heater, has burnt out.

Luckily, no livestock has been lost.

He has temporarily attached my spare heater onto the side, as it won't go thru the chiller hole in the back:

y9y8a4e6.jpg

Would this be okay for this evening?

I will go to LFS tomorrow and pick up new heater.

Any recommendations on decent heater?

To be honest, the Red Sea Max heater, had always struggled to maintain constant steady temperature.

I am just thankful, no harm has been done.

Soupylou

can you not get it replaced under warranty? (even if you don't use the replacement)

Yup I'm going too - the black spots on the Red Sea Max had melted off into the main display area - leaving this bitter nasty smell in the air.

I would prefer to opt for plastic over glass heater any day tbh and will google to try and determine the better models of heaters, before purchasing tomorrow.

It's a shame, I find the ability of plug and play quite attractive but I've now nearly replaced every component (blushes)...

My tank is officially four months old and I'm
Lucky I have not rushed into filling my tank up with fish or coral or this evening could of been nightmare. Ekkkkkk!

My selected fishes are in QT for 12 weeks and I'm happy with this motto:

"Slowly Slowly Happy Tanky"

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
My RSM heater died not that along ago also. I replaced it with a 200 watt Eheim Jagar. It's German made and supposed to be very high quality. I also like that the cord what a little longer than most others, as I moved it to the left pump section of my RSM 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

KarlyBoy

I actually never know if my heater is actually working !!! it is arbitrary, I have so much trouble keeping the tank down around 79f, I never have to worry about the heater, I just (very wrongly perhaps) assume it'll work of needed.

Soupylou

I've replaced the stock heater with this badboy:

5y3e8upy.jpg

NeoHeater - Thermometer & Heater, very flat modern and plastic, which is fab.

It's meant to be 'unbreakable' - we shall see.

Soupylou

Just make sure it hasn't got a US plug.....:smoking:

Haha the Blonde one has learnt her lesson - The heater is from Chaterhouse Aquatics but I'm definitely up for calling one of my fish 'Smokey'

I feel I have to honour the history of my tank in its smoking glory. Haha

Soupylou

Hey Guys,

how much do you feed you're clown fish, every other day, one cube of frozen food? Or is that erm over feeding?

Pair of clownfish

KarlyBoy

I feed the whole tank 2 cubes Mysis every other day, replaced by Marine Grazer once a week.

I use a turkey vaster that they feed from, so can quickly see if they lose interest, and target feed rest.

1 cube every other day is fine Lucy, just watch the phosphates, I rinse the mysis in RO before feeding