Screemer's new 130D.....

screemer

Well for the 1st time in months, today i looked at my tank when the new lights came on, and it has started to look better, and i actually didnt mind looking at it. The CPe deffo has a nice blue tint to it, the new lights are a million times better than the old ones, the sand is starting to look white, and i can even see some of the rock that was heavily covered in HA. Fingers crossed it keeps up.

screemer

CPE nd Purigen have been in a few days now. Tank is looking clearer, HA is looking thinner but still there. We've just done a Phosphate test wit hthe new card we got from red Sea this week and its showing up as 0.12ppm. Is that too high??

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
0 phosphate would be best - give the new CPE a bit longer and see if it comes down in a couple days.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Good new on it looking clearer ! Feeding frozen & not flake will really hep too, in my 130D I feed 1 cube every other day. Just occasionally would I feed flake or pellets, maybe just a small bit, once very two weeks.

screemer

Well, looks like the sea hare is going back on Saturday. He's done his job. No HA to be seen. The sand is pure white again. So all in all, i think the new tubes, the swap to CPE and the sea hare have all contributed. So a big thanks to you all for your support guys n gals.

screemer

The Sea Hare has gone back to the LFS, job done. Tank is looking a lot better apart fro mthe front sand has gone a bit yellowy??? I am thinking its light refracting off my kitchen door onto it?????

screemer

Well tank is failing badly again. The CPE and Purigen seemed to do the trick, but now the hair algae is on the march again. I presume the CPe hasnt expired already? I am now thinking of trying the NopOx, as i am running out of options.

steved13

PREMIUM
Could it be you had so many nutrients in the system, the media has absorbed/adsorbed all it can and it has expired? The useful life of the media is directly proportional to the quality of the water it's in.

Just a thought, FWIW.

screemer

Ive just removed the skimmer cup as it was clogged up badly, causing a lack of flow. Heres what it looks like, a brownish reddish algae in it. Any ideas? And is it ok leaving the skimmer cup off?
5927173542_b8a02e1008.jpg
[/url]
Skimmer Cup by scr33m3r75, on Flickr[/IMG]

5927169572_8e4fa965b7.jpg
[/url]
Skimmer Cup 2 by scr33m3r75, on Flickr[/IMG]

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That is a mess, but I'm not sure what it is. As long as you still have a grate on the back you should be OK. I'd get a big bottle of plain white vinegar (I buy it by the gallon, 3.8 liters) and soak that thing in vinegar for a couple hours, then scrub off the stuff that remains with a toothbrush or something similar.

David Shaw

Ive just removed the skimmer cup as it was clogged up badly, causing a lack of flow. Heres what it looks like, a brownish reddish algae in it. Any ideas? And is it ok leaving the skimmer cup off?
5927173542_b8a02e1008.jpg
[/url]
Skimmer Cup by scr33m3r75, on Flickr[/IMG]

5927169572_8e4fa965b7.jpg
[/url]
Skimmer Cup 2 by scr33m3r75, on Flickr[/IMG]

Wow that's in bad shape. Regular cleaning would have prevented that build up (scrubbing with a toothbrush once a month).

If i were you i would ditch it and simply buy a new one.

screemer

Well we lost the flasher Wrase last week, poor Gordon. But just replaced him with a lovely small Coral Beauty. Pics to follow