Screemer's new 130D.....

screemer

Well, i finally added my Koralia Nano 1600 last night. Put it over on the right, at the back running across the back, half way up. Not sure if thats the best place or not?? Howl ong do you think until i might see it help out my cyano problem?

screemer

To those of you who have added Koralias etc etc, how do you run the cables? I have put mine over on the right with the cable over the back wall, behind the skimmer cup and out the vent. The only problem now is that the hood vibrates like mad, possibly the cable is coming into contact with it?? Any ideas?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
When I had one I just ran the wire through an opening in the back, to an external power strip. After I moved things to the cabinet sump I had one plugged into the power center for a while, before I replaced it with a Vortech. Is the hood or flap resting on the cord? That may be what's causing the vibration. I never had any vibration from my Koralia.

screemer

seems to be the hood resting on the cord thats doing it but it has to go over the back wall so there isnt much room between that and the hood.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Can you fit the cord through an opening in the back? If you're not using a chiller you could pop out that plastic piece and route it through there?

screemer

I've used the chiller slot to get it into the back, but the problem is from there to the actual pump, as in across the glass divider

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Ok on the divider causing the problem. It's been so long since I had a stock hood that I don't always think of some of these things. Maybe someone will have some better ideas.

screemer

Well, help is on its way tomorrow. i am hiring a Sea hare for a few weeks to battle my long hair Algae. Fingers crossed.

screemer

Well we've had a nightmare with the Seahares. First one went in and within a day had been eaten. So we got it replaced by the LFS and this one got attacked and literally stung to death by our Elegance Coral, squid ink everywhere, not a pretty sight. Number 3 is in now, and touch wood, settling in nicely.

screemer

I've now switched to the new RS Pro Coral salt. Seems a much better Alk level compared to the old Tropic Marin Pro. One thing i have noticed on mixing it is that it seems to leave a white residue on the pump and heater which the other didnt?? Is that ok??

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear about the seahares :(
I get the white deposit on my mixing pump and heater too - nothing to worry about.

screemer

Well number 3, Dr Rug, seems to be settled in ok now, happily munching away. I have ordered Chemi pure elite which i am going to switc hto instead of The Seagel. So i'll have CPE and Purigen. Hopefully that, plus new tubes, will help fight the continuing algae.

screemer

The Sea Hare is munching through the stuff. Finally seeing signs of hope. Just switched to CPE and Purigen from Seagel and Purigen. Is my tank supposed to go cloudy??