Screemer's new 130D.....

screemer

Well here we go, we have been setting this up this week and bought the salty water, Live Rock and sand today from Oasis. Just put our first rock in a tank, its a little loose, but i like how it looks.

4568158969_b9fcb8550f_b.jpg

David Shaw

Fantastic!!! It looks great.

It is similar to mine, i like that look so much. Also it's great for maintenance as you have access to all sides of the tank for a clean. Did you get your live rock from Oasis ?

screemer

yeah there is clear water all around the tank and through the middle. We wanted caves and a cove kinda look in the middle. Just still worried that it is too loose and might fall apart LOL. Yep, bought it today from Steve at Oasis.

David Shaw

Thats great. I love the cove look also.

If you are really worried about it being too loose get the coralline coloured epoxy which is like blu tac. You can then smudge it around the chunks to secure them as it dries rock hard.

I did this with a couple but left most loose so i could move my rock around. I will post pics of mine later and you will be able to see i also have the same caves and ledges look that you went for.

Hope you dipped your rock first to flush the worms :)

Dweezil

Great job ~ You will want your rock to be stable though. If you have a rock slide after you get a bunch of coral and fish it could prove to be disastrous.

David Shaw

I always dip my rock in fresh R/O water for a minute or two to flush the critters out, alternatively you can do it in a hyper salinity dip.

Might be an idea, before you put the substrate in, to put some meaty fish food into the tank and see if any escape the rock to go get at it, then catch em and net them out. You might not have any, i am cautious with mine as i hate bristle worms.

fruit bat

Don't worry about flushing the rock, if there are any hitchhikers in there flushing is unlikely to shift them. All I try to do is study the rock for crabs and remove them before it goes in the tank

Embraer

Good lord, another Lancashire lad. Is this an international forum or are we taking over the world? Welcome to the forums mate :black: