Saints Return build thread

saintsreturn

Crazy. If it is any of those then it was a hitch hiker. I will try to get better pictures tomorrow. Thank you all

A mobile distraction

saintsreturn

New critter to help with the booming bristle worm collection.
9y8uge7y.jpg

A mobile distraction

saintsreturn

So several months later I am pasted due on pictures but I will say the peppermint is doing great (never thought I would see him make it past a week) and the bristle worm population has been destroyed.

A mobile distraction

saintsreturn

And a month later, the peppermint is gone. Woke up this morning and he is no where to be found. Safe to say he was eaten.

A mobile distraction

saintsreturn

Well just dosed dosed my tank for the next 48 hours to kill some coral eating slime. Also added a ATO that still needs to be cleaned up before I take more pics :) love my little tank but can't wait to upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

Cyanobacteria = red slime, but what did you dose for removal? I'm curious to see what works and what doesn't.

saintsreturn

Cyanobacteria = red slime, but what did you dose for removal? I'm curious to see what works and what doesn't.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301113.983688.jpg
Worked like a champ. I had to take out the charcoal and media filter plus add an air stone for 48 hours. Tank turned a little white but the red slime looks to be gone. I have to get back on the schedule so I didn't wait the full 48 and I still see a little red, but huge improvement for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saintsreturn

Here is an update on my tank. It's been to long but I have been adding to it and best of all, I may be getting a 75 gallon this week! Here's hoping.

Removed the glass cover after my wife cracked it. She thought I would be upset, but I used the excuse to by a top off system. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301345.980491.jpg

Some close ups of the rocks and corals (yeah I need to drag but am not familiar or in a hurry to deal with it. Don't worry, won't be doing this in the 75g)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301401.071936.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301422.800914.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301438.741923.jpg

Only two fish who want to live in the 30gImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301475.361447.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301495.387310.jpg

saintsreturn

The new top off system ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301657.046057.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448301664.230712.jpg

I used a dosing pump and a two sensor system. The first sensor is sitting on the top of my tank to check when it losing enough water. The second sensor I ran into the bottom of my RO bottle with the water tube about 2 inches below it. Zip tied them together to ensure they don't float around. Originally I had it all on the side of the tank, but I tucked it all behind so it's not easy to see.

saintsreturn

I could see this ^ a pic of the above (fox coral) Nemenzophyllia

Nemenzophyllia5.jpg

or maybe a Elegance Coral - Catalaphyllia jardinei below...

media.nl
So it could have been one of these and it didn't make it, or it ended up being a mushroom who was dying or growing. It's gone and I don't see anything like it anymore. Thanks for the input.

Another question for the group, if I get this tank, would y'all rather a new build thread or just add it here since it would technically be a continuation of the 30g.

Ok one more, for the new rock, any harm in adding chunks at a time to this tank for curing or just use them in the cycle of the new one?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
On the build thread, you can do either - if you want to use this one and want... I can even change the title, if desired :nessie:

I think I would add new rock to my new tank & cycle as normal "the old school way..." if this is what you were asking...

saintsreturn

On the build thread, you can do either - if you want to use this one and want... I can even change the title, if desired :nessie:

I think I would add new rock to my new tank & cycle as normal "the old school way..." if this is what you were asking...
Thank you for both comments. The second one is spot on what I am asking. Will keep the group the posted :)