Saints Return build thread

saintsreturn

And no sooner do I take pictures and start to feel excited about the way things are going, do i come home and find Gizmo missing. It's been two days so I think it's more than hiding :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saintsreturn

Picked up a new friend today. And a new home! Be ready as a second thread will be started as I build the new tank and tear down the existing. But for now, let's look at my new buddy ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448656410.839323.jpg

saintsreturn

Installed new diffuser to keep the new guy safe ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448736913.870919.jpg

A couple tank shots while the new guy is hiding. You can see how much he is stirring up my tank ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448736956.573550.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448736969.380199.jpg the last picture shows where Blemo has been nesting lately

saintsreturn

How is the new fish doing?
It appears he didn't make it. Did a water test and nothing out of the ordinary. Never saw any remains. Never saw a pile of CUC. Can't find him around the tank. Not sure
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449339391.763566.jpg

Very sad day. He dug out the area by my rocks so it's possible one collapsed on him but I doubt it. The sand was picked clean so he may have ran out of food and jumped to my dogs enjoyment. No idea

StirCrayzy

I've had quite a few disappear for a week or more only to pop back up like nothing happened.
I never assume death unless I find the body. Or if it's been a couple weeks.
Did you check overflows, and socks?

Gobies are notorious for dissappearing, there's so many holes they can squeeze into. My YWG finds a new home monthly, so the kids love the surprise of finding the new spot.

Hoping for the best !

saintsreturn

Still hoping as I never found the body or any sign of death, but I racked my sand to see if he went to work when I wasn't looking and it's been close to the same for a while. :/

saintsreturn

After several water tests and the most recent water change, I am convinced he is no longer with us. So just in case, I picked up a couple surprises for the wife... Btw I found out during the acclimation that she hates them. Lol can't win for nothing! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449434803.572432.jpg

saintsreturn

I think I found the culprit to the recent untimely deaths.... We will have to see how these two doImageUploadedByTapatalk1449439706.946484.jpg

I just fed and the distraction worked, but he already nipped hard at ones fins and has chased them under a rock

saintsreturn

It looks like the damage from the red slime was to far along. I lost the rock covered in star polyps and am debating a freshwater dip to kill off the annoying bristle worm (wife hates him) and any residual slime or just leaving and seeing how the rest of the corals do. Here are some shots of the rocks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449440393.611616.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449440403.364501.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449440412.368974.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449440420.139838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449440429.127283.jpg

And Blemo has slowed down his attacks on the new fish. We will see if they make it out from their hiding spots

rostervandross

Man the same thing happened to me a couple months back when I first started adding fish. Both fire fishes I added just disappeared. And then this weekend I found one of my new fish, a tiger wardi goby which is in the same family as your gold head goby, was found on the floor from a jump. He had been in the tank almost two weeks and was just finally coming out in the open to sift sand and eat nori flakes I'd send his way. The way it goes..

I have been buying some fish online for the warranty, but have found it frustrating to be sent fish bigger than I ordered and fish who are not eating.

Now I have too many fish from trying to satisfy free shipping and need to get them a new tank or find them a good home.. Would you be interested or looking for any type of fish in particular? I'm going to be driving through DFW soon from tulsa to Austin