Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

adamsfour

We will be issuing something official shortly which will answer everyone's questions, but for now let me cover the situation very briefly.
Firstly, we have always understood the benefits of led's (lower electricity running costs, less heat and no noise as fans are not required if the units are designed properly). However, we took a decision that until it was proven that LED's within a Max System provide the same performance as we achieve using Reef Spec T5 tubes, we were not prepared simply to jump on a commercial bandwagon. For us it always starts with looking at what the corals require, and then making sure we meet their needs. We have been conducting considerable research, the results of which will be made publicly available shortly. Lakelivin- I'm not sure where you got the impression that Red Sea expects you to simply sell your S-Series and change aquarium. We have always stated that the lighting was designed in such a way that when we were satisfied with the results of our led developments, we would make them available to existing owners, who we value greatly. I can assure you that we have every intention of providing a great solution for you all in order that you have the choice of changing to our LED system or remaining with the T5 system. For now we won't comment further as we prefer to provide you will all the information in a proper format but we want to assure you all that the system we have come with is based on real, significant research, and that we will be corresponding with our S-Series customers soon in order to explain the system and offer. Best wishes, Steve

Yes, Thank you for the statement. I know information will be fourth coming but for those who don't speak German can you give us a little more detail, such as the power rating for S 400,500,650. As I am sure you are aware we owners have been chopping at the bit for a soution so this is certainly outstanding information.

orieng

We will be issuing something official shortly which will answer everyone's questions, but for now let me cover the situation very briefly.
Firstly, we have always understood the benefits of led's (lower electricity running costs, less heat and no noise as fans are not required if the units are designed properly). However, we took a decision that until it was proven that LED's within a Max System provide the same performance as we achieve using Reef Spec T5 tubes, we were not prepared simply to jump on a commercial bandwagon. For us it always starts with looking at what the corals require, and then making sure we meet their needs. We have been conducting considerable research, the results of which will be made publicly available shortly. Lakelivin- I'm not sure where you got the impression that Red Sea expects you to simply sell your S-Series and change aquarium. We have always stated that the lighting was designed in such a way that when we were satisfied with the results of our led developments, we would make them available to existing owners, who we value greatly. I can assure you that we have every intention of providing a great solution for you all in order that you have the choice of changing to our LED system or remaining with the T5 system. For now we won't comment further as we prefer to provide you will all the information in a proper format but we want to assure you all that the system we have come with is based on real, significant research, and that we will be corresponding with our S-Series customers soon in order to explain the system and offer. Best wishes, Steve

Hello Steve,

Do you have any update on the dates? We are all waiting for the bit of news.
Thanks
Kangkan

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Please see our post here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/92280-max-led-lighting.html#post1265433

We will be asking for this thread to be closed so we don't disappoint anyone by being unable to reply to the questions regarding availability, pricing etc. As per the post thread above we will be delighted to update everyone via our newsletter once we have further information. Thanks, Red Sea

I can understand Red Sea opening their own thread, but why ask to close Naj117's thread?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can understand Red Sea opening their own thread, but why ask to close Naj117's thread?

Where-as asking to close a thread isn't a bad thing, especially when the intentions are to help avoid confusion and misinformation, we are very selective about closing threads at Reef Sanctuary. Originally I opted to close this thread not because Steveh mentioned it but because it seemed like a good thing to do and was purely my decision and my actions. After careful consideration and lengthy discussions "Behind the scenes" it was re-opened to allow for a healthy discussion on the topic. Just keep in mind that this is not a RedSea thread and your questions/responses may or may not be seen by Red Sea.

If you want to be sure to get the "latest and greatest" updates/details from RedSea be sure to subscribe to their newsletter. *subscribed*