Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

CDMSeaLife

Fingers crossed whatever Red Sea has come up with applies to the RSM C-250 as well. I just bought it last month and was frustrated when I saw the news about the E-Series.

That would really suck if it doesn't apply to RSM 250 C, as I just purchased mine as well.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Folks, please, for anyone who has seen the few reports that have been shown in respect of LED's etc they stated that they are not coming in any shape or form until 2015 at the earliest, as I have said we will make available very shortly all the information we can.

Wolffman64

Folks, please, for anyone who has seen the few reports that have been shown in respect of LED's etc they stated that they are not coming in any shape or form until 2015 at the earliest, as I have said we will make available very shortly all the information we can.

Kev, now I'm confused, Didn't you just release a new range of LED tanks??

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
What this?
ahugupaq.jpg

Nope I didn't see any new tank there....

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Kev, now I'm confused, Didn't you just release a new range of LED tanks??

Hi Wolffman64 The aquariums announced via http://reefbuilders.com/2014/05/29/...ler-rimless-open-top-upgradeable-sump-filter/ will not be available until the earliest 2015 so no the range has not been released, the Reef Builder thread of 2013 is for sure a typo.

As I have stated we will have further updates hopefully in the next 7 to 10 days until then we have no further information sorry.

LakeLivin

Just to be clear, I don't think many, if any of us here are waiting to hear an official announcement about future RSM tank series with LED's. We are waiting to hear if there will be conversion kits or new hoods with LED's for "current" tanks.

rhogeo

Agreed 100%. If Red Sea would come up with either conversion kits for existing tanks or even new hoods, a lot of us would jump on it.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
They do look good whoadude!!! Welcome to RS!! Do you have a tank or are you just in the market?

yycguy

I have been patiently waiting for Red Sea to announce a retrofit for the S series tanks, and it's dragging out far to long, almost every light manufacture has a LED setup and unfortunately Red Sea is dragging there feet. I would love a new LED light panel and at this point I wouldn't mind paying a premium dollar, of course I want it to compliment the Red Sea tank, so it really needs to come from RedSea. So Kev get those guys going and get this done. I am sure that most S Series owners would upgrade to a new LED top, so it's a no brainer for a return on investment.
Rant over

Timberwerks

I really like the looks of the 130 and the size is perfect but it's the lack of lighting that may make me go with a Nuvo 40 instead. Not sure if I want to take a gamble on RSM 130 with LED in near future or not.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If you have seen the 100's of gorgeous RSM tanks in the RSM Club on RS, you not think of it as a gamble, having a RSM tank - you can have a fantastically gorgeous reef tank with a stock RSM, many, many members do.

This said... Nuvo a nice tank too

sidebar - husbandry skills play the biggest part in a successful swt ;)

Timberwerks

Will the power compacts that come with the 130 be ok for a clam? I do prefer the RSM over Nuvo but would really like a clam if possible. 99% sure I'll be a RSM owner though either way.

RobertC

I think I'll be getting a rsm c250 to start out. Then next year will add the new e300 once it's released. The c series looks like an excellent tank for me to start with.

I think I shall get it in white.

Timberwerks

Wow, very nice! I fell better about going with the RSM, they have such a clean look and I've read quality of build is high.

Wolffman64