Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

lferrero

Hello everybody!
This is the answer i got from Red Sea:
"We do not have any definitive word on an LED option at this point. I would encourage you to please check back with us at the end of June to see if there are any developments at that time." . . . hummmm

Naj117

Hello everybody!
This is the answer i got from Red Sea:
"We do not have any definitive word on an LED option at this point. I would encourage you to please check back with us at the end of June to see if there are any developments at that time." . . . hummmm

Lol, i told you all September release

If we took off the trimming off the top of the tanks would it look as clean as it does in the pictures on reefbuilders?

I put Radions in the hood of my RSM250.

How and could we see it?

I'm still not completely sold on the Steve's product.

There's so little room in the stock hood and the lighting is very very close to the water line.

I would love to see how you crammed the radions in there? I will likely copy you if it's viable.

Please post asap :)

Wolffman64

Still, it's a bit pathetic by Red Sea to release a statement where they say that LED's are not proven and that they are too difficult to handle especially for beginners, and then all of a sudden a couple of months later they release LED tanks. They must have worked very hard in those couple of months with the LED's to go from unproven solution to favoured!

RS have in my mind lost a lot of credibility with how this has been handled. Still love their tanks though....

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Looking at the e type the LEDs are mounted a lot higher, this would indicate that they can't resolve a issue of the lens required to spread the light within the current line up including the s series. I'd take a bet that the next generation s series has a completely higher light unit. At least they could reuse the current track on top of the s series tanks I suppose.

Wolf man I role with you on the first paragraph. :)

Still, it's a bit pathetic by Red Sea to release a statement where they say that LED's are not proven and that they are too difficult to handle especially for beginners, and then all of a sudden a couple of months later they release LED tanks. They must have worked very hard in those couple of months with the LED's to go from unproven solution to favoured!

RS have in my mind lost a lot of credibility with how this has been handled. Still love their tanks though....

It's typical... All their current tanks would sit on the shelves if people knew something way way better right around the corner. I don't blame them.

LakeLivin

I'm just hoping that they sell a kit to retrofit S-series tanks. I won't hold my breath but it sure would be nice.

I'm just hoping that they sell a kit to retrofit S-series tanks. I won't hold my breath but it sure would be nice.

Good luck with that :) I for one am looking into finding a way to ram some radions in there. Or possibly even just taking the top off altogether. I know evaporation would go up drastically, but I have an ATO so it's not like I have to manually do it myself.

I just hate the way the 250 looks with the top off. Very unfinished if you will with the hinges etc...

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Ok Folks, A little update for you, Red Sea senior management are still in Europe at the moment after the Interzoo exhibition, we will have a response hopefully in the next 7 to 10 days where we will be able to answer some of the questions which have arisen from the show, yes there has been some developments in respect of LED lighting and a possible new aquarium range.

All will be revealed as soon as possible, Thanks again for all the great support :thumber:

Naj117

Ok Folks, A little update for you, Red Sea senior management are still in Europe at the moment after the Interzoo exhibition, we will have a response hopefully in the next 7 to 10 days where we will be able to answer some of the questions which have arisen from the show, yes there has been some developments in respect of LED lighting and a possible new aquarium range.

All will be revealed as soon as possible, Thanks again for all the great support :thumber:

Kev mate, how are you?

Im about to purchase radion pros mate but if you tell me there will be LEDS for the 650 i will put this on hold (PM me if you like)

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Kev mate, how are you?

Im about to purchase radion pros mate but if you tell me there will be LEDS for the 650 i will put this on hold (PM me if you like)

All I can say is hang fire for the next 7 to 10 days all will be revealed

MrX

Fingers crossed whatever Red Sea has come up with applies to the RSM C-250 as well. I just bought it last month and was frustrated when I saw the news about the E-Series.

CDMSeaLife

Evening All!

I believe September will be launch date, remember u heard it here first

Oh, I can only hope it's so! I came from a 29 gal Coralife, with Steve's Leds, to a RSM 250 C and the lighting is a vast difference, as far as my corals go. But, I really love my RSM and it was totally worth the money.