RSM 250 - And it starts!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice photos, things are looking really colourful. My torch looks like that sometimes at night too.

dizzyg

I GOT A COPPERBAND BUTTERFLYFISH TODAY!
A shop I dont often go to had 4 of them, my brother stopped in on friday and was amazed to see that they had!
I got one for my tank, my brother gone one for his and we got one for the work tank!

I'm very stoked!

I also rescued a nennie from a friend, he had puffed himself up and was floating round the tank and looked terribly unhappy so I said I'd see how he does in my tank, if he doesnt do well I'd take him to the per shop, I put him in and not 20 mins later he had found a place he liked and attached to the rocks!
Really not sure of the type, ill post some pic's tomorrow when the copperband has settled in.

colaboy

A BEAUTIFUL fish!!!! Congratulations...!!!

A shame it's difficult to keep. Hard to get it to eat, and after that even harder to keep it alive for more than six months... :-(

That doesn't mean you can't try of course!!! There are always exceptions to the rule!

Does it eat?

Good luck!!!

Ramon

dhorsten

Hey Dizzyg, I am new to RS and also have a RSM250 just bought it though as a upgrade. I just read your entire thread and its great.

Good job mate

dizzyg

Sorry for the lack of photos guys, Had a hectic week and a bit at work. My brother almost lost a finger in an accident at work so Iv been taking up a lot of his slack as well as trying to do my own job and to top it all my PA's baby was in hospital with bronchaitus so she's been away a lot too!

Good news is that my brothers finger is 100%, after 2 surgerys with a brilliant plastic surgeon his finger is healing nicely, and my PA's baby is home healthy so life is going back to normal!

Ill take some pics tomorrow after my water change and cleanup, dont want to upload any pics with my currently dirty glass since I get home and am almost too tired to even watch the fish!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good to hear the brother and baby are getting better. That was the type of hectic week that nobody wants to have!

lethal

Sorry to hear about your troubles but thankfully everything is getting back to normal.

clka

That sounds like a very tough week...hopefully the next one will be much better! Take a few deep breaths and post pics when you have rested,

Cheryl

dizzyg

Please excuse terrible photos, we had a friend round for dinner last night and these photos were taken 2 bottles of wine and 2 Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks down!

Carnation Coral, looking beautiful, he opens every night!
IMG_7325.JPG

My SUN coral, really the pride of my tank, everyone "ooh's and aah's" over this one!
IMG_7326.JPG

Copperband ButterflyFish, like a show pony, loves being on show
IMG_7330.JPG

Left hand side of the tank shot.
IMG_7331.JPG

"Boss" My Scopas tang, as his name states, he's the boss of the tank. I think he's doubled in size since I got him
IMG_7332.JPG

IMG_7333.JPG

IMG_7334.JPG

Digger, cause he digs, and makes a bloody mess! but I love him
IMG_7336.JPG

Zvejkus

Nice tank, you are on the right way I think. ;-) Congratulations.

Oh, I forgot to ask, does your Chelmon rostratus(butterfly fish) eat pelets or frozen food? I am curious, cause I know from some people, that its quite hard to get him eating anything except aiptasia and sometimes coral polyps.

lethal

Great photos Dizzy, you'd never know you were half cut :drunk: Your sun coral looks amazing, I can't get mine to come out much lately. And the tang looks fat and healthy too.