RS Reef Care package

JimmyJ

I'm am trying to hold myself back from buying these right now and let me tell you it's not easy :) Looking forward to your reviews Tammy and Terry. After watching that vid I think that tritator is worth it alone.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Think you'll all like the new additives... Another weekend gone by and still no water changes, thats over a month without a water change! and my params are still perfect!

Hi Oakhouse, new additives? are you referring to the No3Po4-X ? well if so I think it's best we set the record straight, No3Po4-X is used to control the level of algae nutrients Nitrate and Phosphate and this it will do very well, however this is a part of the Reef Care program and is not intended as a means to eliminate or reduce water changes, we strongly recommend that a normal maintenance routine is followed.

Red Sea Kev

reeferman

good post Kev.absolutely nothing replaces water changes.its not only about your params being in line,thats easy to do with dosing.its about what your adding and diluting,things we dont even test for.imagine living in one room,never getting any fresh air and living in all your waste.not a pretty thought.

David Shaw

Yup i agree. Regular water changes should be a given in my book. Water changes along with a regular maintenance routine are all part of the deal.

Mischko

imagine living in one room,never getting any fresh air and living in all your waste.not a pretty thought.
LOL just the picture of submariners came into my mind being under water for weeks and even months, but yeah, I agree, nothing beats fresh air (water).
Just had a look at the videos posted by RS on YouTube. What I really liked about those new tests was the ease of use, specially with this handheld injector thingy being able to shake the vail. I have to check if those tests are available in Germany already and give them a try for sure.

Mischko

Titrator was the term I was looking for. Looks pretty handy to me and if the tests are available here I sure give it a try.

Dweezil

According to the tracking I should be getting my stuff tomorrow :)
I'm going to try it out right away as it feels like I've been waiting forever for it to get to the states LOL

Oakhouse

Hi Oakhouse, new additives? are you referring to the No3Po4-X ? well if so I think it's best we set the record straight, No3Po4-X is used to control the level of algae nutrients Nitrate and Phosphate and this it will do very well, however this is a part of the Reef Care program and is not intended as a means to eliminate or reduce water changes, we strongly recommend that a normal maintenance routine is followed.

Red Sea Kev

Thanks Kev,

No, was taking about the reef care Ca, Mg and buffer.... but will get back on track with water changes..

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tammy - yesterday I had an expected delivery date of today, the 12th. But I see that's now changed till the 13th. May be weather related. Mine's still in Pennsylvania.

Dweezil

I just checked and my delivery date is still today. Sadly mine may change as well. We got a lot of snow last night and will continue all day today.