RS Reef Care package

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looking forward to your report Anthony. Are you going to try the test kits too?

Nowellsy SNR

Leigh yep when i can afford it all cost a small fortune them 3 bottle i bought cost over £50 think i'll need to go rob a bank to get the full range im going to try and buy a couple of things each month

Nowellsy SNR

Well its been 6 days since i've been dosing Red Sea Reef Care NITRATE & PHOSPHATE REMOVER befor i had lots of brown algae on my substrate and i did notice brown algae all over my top rocks, now no more algae on the rocks and my substrate is allmost clear i just wish i would have taken photos im really impressed!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Wow - that's great news Anthony! Another positive review of that stuff! Have you done any testing?

Nowellsy SNR

Terry not yet i did want to buy the new test kit but didnt have enough money but going of what i can physically see its working the brown algae was putting me on a downer but this stuff seems to be doing a good job

David Shaw

Terry not yet i did want to buy the new test kit but didnt have enough money but going of what i can physically see its working the brown algae was putting me on a downer but this stuff seems to be doing a good job

I have read a lot of posts / threads on here about people getting really down about their ongoing algae problems, so it's great that this product seems to do the trick. I never had any major problems apart from some occasional diatom outbreaks on the substrate but i must say since i have been using this product i have had zero algae issues between water changes and all water tests coming out great.

RSM250PEARL

I have been using the reef foundation test kits and supplements for a month now.

I have found the Mg and Ca tests to be very consistent and easy to spot the end point. However I'm slightly confused with the Alk test. Although its the quickest one to do involving the least reagents I've found it very hard to spot the end point as it isn't as clear as the other two.

From the start, before I bought the kit I watched the videos on YouTube for all 3 tests. On the Alk test video the guy says that the end colour to look for is pink however the colour he shows as the result doesn't look pink but more dark purple/grape. And on top of that the colour on the card is peach! lol

So what I've been doing is ignoring the card, and going for the grape colour on the video.

Has anybody else had the same problem? Should I be aiming for the colour on the card? There's the question of whether my results are accurate or not which is concerning me now.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've only run the new alk test once, but next time I run it I'll try to remember to let you know what color I'm getting for the end point.

JimmyJ

Just ordered up the NO3:pO4-X Reducer and the algae control test kit. With all the good reviews, I hope it can do some good on my algae issue. Can't wait :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I have been using the reef foundation test kits and supplements for a month now.

I have found the Mg and Ca tests to be very consistent and easy to spot the end point. However I'm slightly confused with the Alk test. Although its the quickest one to do involving the least reagents I've found it very hard to spot the end point as it isn't as clear as the other two.

From the start, before I bought the kit I watched the videos on YouTube for all 3 tests. On the Alk test video the guy says that the end colour to look for is pink however the colour he shows as the result doesn't look pink but more dark purple/grape. And on top of that the colour on the card is peach! lol

So what I've been doing is ignoring the card, and going for the grape colour on the video.

Has anybody else had the same problem? Should I be aiming for the colour on the card? There's the question of whether my results are accurate or not which is concerning me now.

Kay - I just ran all of my new Red Sea kits (Ca, Mg, Alk, Nitrate, Phosphate) On the alk test my end point looked like a dirty orange color (or a dirty peach color). I did get a purple color before it changed to the dirty peach color.

Now that I tried the additional new kits I got yesterday (Ca, Mg, Phosphate) I'm impressed with all of them.