Rhodes19's 180 build (slow Build)

crespeto

Just read another thread where they used peroxide dip and that took care of bryopsis, even with coral, little under a minute dip and the next day the bryopsis had died away to nothing. Good luck with the fight.

crespeto

Hee hee, glad you found it, yeah, probably if you pm JJ he can tell you, but looked like he just used over the counter peroxoide in the brown bottle that you get at CVS or something. keep fighting the good fight.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yeah it looks like standard PEroxide (3% I think is normal). Then he mixed it at
We did about 1/2 tank water and 1/2 Hydrogen peroxide is shallow bowl

I may try this on a couple of plugs I have that have some on them. See if it stops it before it takes a foot hold in the tank.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL: Instead of guessing why didn't I just look at the bottle he's using IN the pic

tnk241.jpg

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Cat said she tried this a few days ago on some zoas. Some opened up just fine afterwards and some were pissed off and didn't open up right afterwards. I haven't heard back how they are doing now though.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cat said she tried this a few days ago on some zoas. Some opened up just fine afterwards and some were pissed off and didn't open up right afterwards. I haven't heard back how they are doing now though.

Thanks! I'm gonna have to pick her brain! I bet she replies to her PM's from her phone :)

Did you mean Cat as in "catran" ?

Rhodes19

Just read another thread where they used peroxide dip and that took care of bryopsis, even with coral, little under a minute dip and the next day the bryopsis had died away to nothing. Good luck with the fight.

Thanks Chris. I'm going to start doing that with most new corals. I did notice the sps's didn't like it and I did loose a small 2 head candy cane (had it for a year and it never grew). I'll also be adding a tooth brush for scrubbing as well.

Rhodes19

Hee hee, glad you found it, yeah, probably if you pm JJ he can tell you, but looked like he just used over the counter peroxoide in the brown bottle that you get at CVS or something. keep fighting the good fight.

Yeah, that's were I learned about it and CVS is where I got the H2O2 from.

Rhodes19

I used 2/3 tank water and 1/3 H2O2 and let them soak in the dip for 4-5 minutes. Next time I'll do the 50/50 for less than a minute and add some prescrubbing.

Rhodes19

Sorry for not being around for a while, I haven't had much time to get on and update. I'll try to up load some pics this weekend.

Last Sunday I pulled out about 50% of my live rock and scrubbed off as much gha and bryopsis as I could. I manage to royally piss off my wife with the "smell" so I didn't do the rest of the rock. The rockscape got changed up a bit and I'm not overly happy with it. When I get some time I'll surf the web and see if I can find some rockscapes I like and try to copy them. I'm finding myself liking the bonsai style of rockscaping but I'm not sure how to pull it off. It has a clean, open look to it and the open "negative" space is some what appealing. It minimizes the amount of coral you can mount but it opens up so you get better flow for detritus suspension. I've found a few other rockscapes that I like that are not bonsai style but they are in either much bigger or smaller aquariums than my 180. I figure once I get the rockscape the way I like it I can start adding more corals. I'd hate to damage them while I move the rocks around.

catran

The 50/50 really works. I went thru a couple of bottles of TechM and gave up! I've put 100 percent on rock alone, but I'm very careful and I don't let the full strength get to my corals. I hate byropsis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crespeto

well hope it all works out, good luck with the new rock scape, and your schedule settling down, can't wait to see some pics :)

Rhodes19

I for one LOVE the whole Bonsai theme. Here are some examples:

reef_aquascape.jpg

aquascape2.jpg

danano%2030g_1%20totm.JPG

And here's a whole thread where I'm subscribed talking about nothing but Bonzai Tree inspired Aquascape

Yeah, I saw those and I love the bonsai, I just don't know if I can replicate it and make it look good in the 180. Here is one I thought looked good. Kind of open, lots of hiding places and plenty of surface area for corals.