Rhodes19's 180 build (slow Build)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Chris is doing good everyone. I talk to him daily. He has been putting his mind on his family & practice mostly these days. He is in the process of setting up a new system for his corals so he can revamp the old one of all the flaws he is not happy with.

Keep up the good work buddy!

Frank

Rhodes19

Hi all,

Sorry for being away for such a long time but I've been getting tied up with things at work and at home. Anyway, to make a long story short I shut down my 180, the 125, the Biocube 14, and my 29 gallon quarantine tank a couple months ago. My initial intent was to close the 180 down and do an overhaul on it upgrading its plumbing, filtration and totally cleaning out my live rock and starting over again because of the excess nitrates and phosphates leading to an uncontrollable green hair algae outbreak. But because of a combination of events that had happened about the same time, it was more prudent to shut the tanks down. I have taken most of my softies and a lot of my frag's of LPS and SPS and traded them in for store credit. I also traded in the majority of my fish for store credit. Right now I have a 40 gallon tank set up on a wet dry system and I have the remaining of my LPS and SPS and fish there. I just picked up a cheap 30 gallon aquarium that I'll be turning into a sump and Frankie is going to help modify my skimmer so that I can get more out of it. In the meanwhile, once I have all the aquariums cleaned up and ready, I will be putting them up for sale. I will be selling the 180 and the stand, the 125 and the stand and the wet dry system that came with it, the Biocube 14, and a 45 tall with metal stand that I have in the garage.

On the upside, I bought Frankie's 120 gallon aquarium and will be setting it up where the 180 currently exists. Like all my other builds, this is going to be a slow one. When I can get time, I'm going to build a new stand and an additional cabinet space for the filtration equipment. The rockscape will be more open looking and the tank will be predominantly SPS and LPS. I'm also looking at going with LEDs for lighting, but it may be a while before I’m ready for that.

Well, that's it for now. Once I can get all these aquarium sold off and the 120 set up I'll start a thread and post more pictures. Until then, happy reefing.

Willie McDaries

hate to hear the 180 is going but glad to hear you're staying in the hobby,hope things work out for the best for you and looking forward to the 120 build