RG's 209 Oceanic dt

rgfast

think I may have got a good pic of the scoly

IMG_0416-1.jpg

I also finally got a mandina dragnet goby, this is a fish I've wanted in my system from the start but refused to get till pod population was super strong. I now feel he can be at home here with plenty of food to grow strong and be happy

IMG_0431-1.jpg

IMG_0433-1.jpg

IMG_0437-1.jpg

jpsika08

Guerry, sorry about the Damsel adventure, glad you won the battle!

Congrats on the Scoly, simply beautiful, as well as the mandarin! :)

rgfast

thanks everyone, it's kind cool having something new in the system anymore it seems as I'm removing insted of adding or should I say fine tuning

rgfast

wow its been along time since I've updated this thread, I will post pictures of tank this weekend

rgfast

Sorry got side tracked LOL here's one for now but I will take some new ones later today and post. tank had its third birthday this month

IMG_0710-1.jpg

system was a mixed reef but now SPS only, I've set up a 125gal reef flat for softies and LPS

IMG_0773-1.jpg

rgfast

I'm running about 50% blue and 40% whites, caution should be taken when first starting your new LEDs they will produce alot more par than you think per brightness compaired to say MH lighting. I highly recmend checking par on current system before switching over then tune new lighting to same par levels to start then over time raise if you like.

jtw414

Thanks for the info. I would love to get a PAR meter, but I don't have the $300 to drop on a meter I'm only gonna use a handful of times. Would be useful though. Another question for you. How high above your tank do you hang your fixtures?

rgfast

Mine are 14" above water surface, If you don't have par meter be very carefull when you start running yours. I've bleached coral in less than 5 minutes showing off the high par levels that I could produce to my club members.

jtw414

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I'll probably start off around 15-20% and slowly work my way up from there.

rgfast

Hi all just a little up date here, been awhile A anyway I no longer use leds for my SPS system and have switched to T5s with great resualts. Here's a few pictures from today hope you enjoy

thanks Guerry