RG's 209 Oceanic dt

rgfast

thanks buddy, I will have to say the Zeovit is doing all the work. I just all few drops of this in that and watch LOL my frags are quickly becoming coloneys

rgfast

well finally got my DIY LED controllers finished this is what one looks like
IMG_1472.jpg

that little jewel just replaced all of this
IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

I'm only using three chanels right now, chanel one is running 8 drivers and chanels two and three are running 3 drivers apiece. Today I will be testing par levels though full lighting cycle, I drew up a spead sheet so I can document the ramp up and down levels though out the day

rgfast

Hey Chris, it workout well for me I found a guy with extra PCBs and after talking with him about buying some we came up an even better deal. I just sent him all my parts and he sent me back 3 units ready to go, this saved me from having to do the programming my week point LOL

rgfast

well it's been a while since my last up date, I've had three dansels in my tank since day one that have become true pest! Over the last year I've tried everything to get these guys out with no luck fish traps , fish hooks and so on. They won't leave my coral alone, they bite and also bully my other fish I've had it with these guys and came to the concusion there's only one way to get them out and thats remove all my rock n corals from the tank. I can put my hand in the tank and get bit but put a net in front of the tank and there gone. So I got one 140gal breeders tank cleaned up and it was on
IMG_1537.jpg

first I pumped 40 gals from my exchange tank to the breeder and set it up with powerheads for some flow
IMG_1540.jpg

then I tranferred 40gals new water to back to it, I won a new 300gal a day 9 stage RO/DI unit a couple week ago at the South East Reef Confense so I was able to make make fresh batch of water change water quickly using my Reefers best salt which mixs fast, this gave 80 gals of water ready to go if needed
IMG_1545.jpg

with breeder full rock and some coral and frag tank loaded with coral this what tank looked like
IMG_1544.jpg

alot of work for three fish that I should have never put into a reef system ( newbe mistake ) A year an half ago! so don't do it any ways got them out and put them in our fish only system where they are getting a taste of whats it'a like to be bullied LOL and this is the tank set back up
IMG_1549.jpg

it's growing on me but you can never get it back like it was

rgfast

thanks, I put it off as long as I could stand it but knew the longer I let them stay in the tank harder it was going to be to remove them. I did get a bunch of new frags though LOL

steved13

PREMIUM
Wow, that looks like it was a real project. The tank looks great.

Thanks for sharing, it's posts like these, that make it much easier to refrain from being impulsive at the LFS.

You were probably told something like... "they're very hardy and active, you'll love them"

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yeah, it really i posts like yours that got into my head "DAMSELS ARE EVIL!" I've never had one, and I never will. I do like your rock scape however, and it is one of my favorites. I like how the most of it is suspended off of the sand bed by just a handful of rocks, except at the edges...

rgfast

I'll have to say with price of dansels being so cheap it's easy for them to put in to a system as a first fish and hey why not a few, you don't want them to be lonely LOL. Thats pretty much how it happened to me, big mistake for me and may more I'm sure. They are fine in a predtor tank but never in a reef, lesson learned

on a better note I got a very nice scoly yesterday, it's a reverse bleeding apple will post pic's as soon as I figure out blue balance on new camera