Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

clka

Congrats on the new additions, Juan, can't wait to see pics! Terry might have been thinking of my umbrella mushroom that ate my yellow assessor. The mushroom itself was not that big, maybe 3 inches across, but had the ability to close up really tight so the fish couldn't escape :(

Cheryl

jpsika08

Thank you all, I want you to meet the one and only (Literally as I got one fish today LOL), SPOT!!!!!

Well the name I decided for this guy is because it's a little spot on the whole scenery, so that's the reason, LOL,

Here is spot taking a sunbath, (Sorry for the crappy pics but low light conditions doesn't help):
Spot-1.jpg

And here he is meeting Mr. MP60 Left, :D
Spot-2.jpg

Spot-3.jpg

And the sin of the day as I read about this coral and didn't supposed to place it in the tank being so new, any comments or suggestions more than welcome, even ones about returning it to the LFS.

Mr. Green Stylophora SPS Coral :eek:
StylophoraGreen-1.jpg

Also, placed in some of my former corals which where at the LFS, Torch Coral and Blue Mushrooms, I will take pics of these tomorrow.

Dweezil

Awwwww..cute! Can you even see little spot in that big tank? How come you only got the one? I thought you were getting 4 or 5 fish. Oh my I hope he does not get eaten by that Vortech!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice additions and a first fish! :) Spot sure chose a precarious place to perch on Mr. MP60. :lookaroun

steved13

PREMIUM
Spot is pretty cool Juan. He's a cool looking little guy, I like the name too. Do you think you need to add the sponge guards to the MP60s for spot? Nice looking coral I don't have any experience with it so I can't help much.

Edit: Ok, so I type slowly.

jpsika08

Thanks Tammy, Terry and Steve, and yes, I need to put something to the MP60's so it can protect Spot, any suggestions what to use? commercially there is still nothing from Ecotech.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Juan - it sounds like Ecotech doesn't have the wrap around sponge guards for the MP60? Maybe the pump is too new. Maybe you could DIY something from some flexible fiberglass screen fabric.

Dweezil

Didn't they give you some sort of cover for those when you bought them? Usually a sponge like cover I thought was included. That's for us lowly MP10 owners though ;)
If nothing else I guess you can buy a pair or use your wifes stockings. I just buy cheap nylon knee highs from walmart and I use them for my Seachem Sea gel :)

steved13

PREMIUM
Juan the MP10s come with this:

IMG_1878.jpg

Check the boxes, it doesn't look like much, you might mistake it for packing material or something.