Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thats so cool, their going to look great together. I like buying things small as I find half the fun is seeing how much they grow for you. Good Luck with them.

Last edited:

lethal

Awesome Juan, I hope they do well for you. I hope no one is reading this but I don't have a qt setup at all. My daughters 28 litre tank has recently been pulled down so would it be big enough to use as a qt? When you put the fish in do you add any precautionary meds or do you just observe for 6 weeks? I would so love a tang but having no qt tank is the only thing stopping me.

dmatt88

Pics of the corals look great. Don't know how I missed them. Colors r perfect. U have the doser set up yet or still reactor.

..........used coral frags. half off.

jpsika08

Awesome Juan, I hope they do well for you. I hope no one is reading this but I don't have a qt setup at all. My daughters 28 litre tank has recently been pulled down so would it be big enough to use as a qt? When you put the fish in do you add any precautionary meds or do you just observe for 6 weeks? I would so love a tang but having no qt tank is the only thing stopping me.

Hey Leigh,
In case you want to add a tang and setup the QT I would recommend,
1) A quick Methlyene blue bath during acclimatization and prior to go into QT tank,
2) Observe, in my case, once they are in QT I like to watch first, I know many like to give preventive medicines in case fish gets a disease but the problem I consider is that if you're treating the fish for one thing and they result with other, there is a process on removing the first medicine in order to apply the correct one, many cases you can loose the fish because of the stress you put him through this or maybe the process wasn't too fast and the fish dies.
3) Getting them to eat healthy before going into the DT.
4) Soak their food in Selcon (American Marine Selcon) and add to the water Vitachem, all of this to reinforce their immune system and make them strong.

QT Setup:
All you need is bare bottom tank, heater, pipes for hiding and a seeded sponge (You place a sponge filter with an air pump in the rear section of your tank, leave it there three to four weeks so it can seed with beneficial bacteria, this can be used to quick start the QT once it's seeded just using new mixed water) and a heater.

Maintenance:
Weekly water changes, during these trying to remove food left overs from the bottom.

Sounds more complicated than it really is, it's worth it on the long run, mostly as you are protecting your fish in the DT.
Hope this helps. :)

Pics of the corals look great. Don't know how I missed them. Colors r perfect. U have the doser set up yet or still reactor.

..........used coral frags. half off.

Thanks Matt, I exchanged the Solenoid for a new one and the CA Reactor is back online. :)
Yes, the ZEOVit is doing wonders.

lethal

Thanks buddy, that doesn't sound too difficult at all. In your first point you say that you do a Methylene Blue bath before you put them in the qt. Is this just done in the bag that the fish comes in or a seperate container? And do you think a 28 litre tank is big enough for a qt?

jpsika08

Thanks buddy, that doesn't sound too difficult at all. In your first point you say that you do a Methylene Blue bath before you put them in the qt. Is this just done in the bag that the fish comes in or a seperate container? And do you think a 28 litre tank is big enough for a qt?

Better put it in a 5 gal bucket, then drip acclimate from QT water into that bucket for an hour, then transfer him into the QT.

jpsika08

BTW, that Red thingie in the QT tank is my new Reef Octopus BH-50 HOB Skimmer:
6372772c.jpg

Trying to keep fish clean :)