Red Sea Max 500

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Ha ha Folks keep it coming, I will tell all as and when I can but I think you 'll be impressed with the Max 500 as soon as I get the OK to give you all the info I'll post it

Red Sea Kev

h45e

To me thats fake,

Red Sea would never release a open top system and also see on the right hand side there is a PVC return pipe showing. RSM likes having things clean and crisp.

RSM are working on a 250D with LED hood, silent fans and hopefully silent return pumps.

David Shaw

I think i would prefer a 250D. I personally am not a fan of raised hoods, i like the clean sleek look of my 130D

Deffo cant afford a 500! Also I spend enough time cleaning the 130D, cleaning a 500 would be a full time job for me, let alone the cost of filling it !

I might be tempted with a 250D though...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
h45e - Kevin's the Red Sea Max Rep. (RedSeaKev) I don't think he make the above post, if that was so....

But that's just my read...

fellers

I cannot see buying a bigger RSM 500 than my 250. I have done so many mods to this tank(that is supposed to be plug and play.LOL yeah right. Added vortech pumps, aftermarket skimmer, the pumps blew a big one. Went through 5!!! before the issue was straightened out. And lets not forget the heater that stuck on and killed some licestock in my tank overnight. No sir no more red sea for me. My 200 is going to be well planned and no expense spared. Sick of messing around. Build it right the first time!
A few times the army ranger in me wanted to haul this 250 outback and blow it up, LOL. ut I have to say I am now happy with it and will be more happy when I get a hanging hooded MH with blue actinic setup.

tnwillia

Agree, if they are rolling this out I don't think there will be a 250D. They've had time to plan and put a 250D out already if they were going to.

tnwillia

I'm thinking this tank should be built around a pair of Vortech MP-40ES. That would put a smile on my face when I saw the price tag.

A guy I know at one of my lfs told me he herd from someone that's its going to come with things such as a chiller. Maybe the first real "all in one" where you don't need to buy anything else.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
A guy I know at one of my lfs told me he herd from someone that's its going to come with things such as a chiller. Maybe the first real "all in one" where you don't need to buy anything else.

That's one way of avoiding the heat issues!

dustinc

On reefbuilders.com they said all they for sure knew so far was that it had a chiller and a t5 fixture that looks very similar to an Arcadia fixture.

Max250

"... details on the Red Sea Max 500 are scant but we have seen that the tank includes a chiller and a T5 lamp with close resemblance to Arcadia T5 fixtures. This will be a pricey piece of kit but with every last little thing included in the full price ..."

So it will probably include Arcadia T5 lighting and an Arcadia chiller?? An ATO will be needed.

marine281

I would have held off building my new tank if i'd known this was coming, oh well, at least i've got everything the way I want now & probably for a heck of a lot less money!