Red Sea Max 500

Nowellsy SNR

Holy cow nice!

I'll be ringing LFS see if they have any info

Im guessing for us here in the UK a £2500 mark something along those lines?

How long was it till the 250 was released after info starting getting released?

Max250

£2500 sounds about right anthony. I think it was around 3 months before the 250 got released.

I have mixed emotions about it, I still feel a bit ripped of with buying the Max 250 'plug and play', ha ha RedSea.

I'd be looking at the quality of the lighting, reflectors, PUMPS, protein skimmer, it's NOISE level, the overpriced spare parts ... all the things I didn't check with the 250.

Nowellsy SNR

I've asked BigAl to sticky this thread so we can all keep track and add whatever info we can get hold of

Cheers Anthony

Oakhouse

+1 Richard you thinking of getting one?

Yes, I have the space all laid out lol, but it's all dependant on price and specification. My local LFS is visiting the show today, back tomorrow, going to stop in and see her, get the details, and hopefully some pics.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
*Stuck*

That's a SWEET looking tank! Now wait till you see next years model..

RSM 5000 :D (just kidding but seriously why not)

echopiece

rsm500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fellers

Yes i agree Max im hoping on just adding my Vortechs to the 500

That is the only thing that really should have to be done in any of RS's "plug and play systems";unfortunately that has never even been close to the case.
I was rather upset at the setup of my RSM250. I have to change all kinds of things. I also had problems with everything short of the tank leaking.
I will not buy one till they are out for a while and have proven themselves.
Would be a great addition to my upstairs...But

Nowellsy SNR

Jason lets just hope for the best and they have learnt there lessons i feel us 250 owners where and are Beta testers

David Shaw

We might need to check our floorboards! I can only imagine the weight of them filled.

+1 to hoping they supply them fully fitted with no modifications needed as that would put the overall costs astronomically high if it comes in at around £2500 with mods needed therafter.

After all loads more water, live rock etc etc would be needed to fill it up alone!