Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
AllenC - I trust all is going better now with your fry. :thumbup:

Funlad3 - good luck. Us parents can be very stubborn :D

Pam - thanks for the update :) Many of my customers state that theirs start spawning 1.5 -2.0 after purchasing them; so they can mature quickly.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I may need to wait until after Memorial Day.... I'll be up by Rhinelander Wisconsin, so my dad wants me to look at the Live Aquaria holding facility there... On the bright side, I'm 1/3 of the way to raising the $150 for a pair of your grade B clowns!

Oh, and I have yet to find the contact of the potential Picasso Breeder neat me... Eventually!

- Funlad3

catran

I may need to wait until after Memorial Day.... I'll be up by Rhinelander Wisconsin, so my dad wants me to look at the Live Aquaria holding facility there... On the bright side, I'm 1/3 of the way to raising the $150 for a pair of your grade B clowns!

Oh, and I have yet to find the contact of the potential Picasso Breeder neat me... Eventually!

- Funlad3
Let me know how it goes and if you still want to go in w/ me for the shipping.

angelreef

Hey Doni - Looks like all is going well. I posted this in your for sale thread also but was wondering if you or anyone have pics (or info) on how the black fills in on the "Regular" Clowns (the $15 guys)? How they color up with Black after maturing? Would love to see if these guys get a lot of black in them.

This is a pair I used to have and was wondering if yours would color in like this.

IMG_0748.jpg

fishtank22.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hi Angelreef. I have not kept any normal striped or misbars until maturity and rely on my customers to provide feedback and photos. I know of one customer that posted a pic of his and it had a lot of black on it but I am not sure about all the rest I sold. That photo is one of my threads somewhere... if I find it, I will post it on my website.
99.9% of my normal striped/misbars are sold in bulk here locally when 3/4" long and those get dispersed via a retailer.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Found it.... It was in this thread several pages back.

So I believe I'm one of the few members that has a normal striped of yours on here...the past few months his black has really started spreading like mad...the tips of the dorsal fin is black but the black has not crept up yet...i should post pics i know :p

here are some quick pics...please excuse the quality...its an iphone and the LEDs make everything look blue on there.
627e6ef0.jpg

4290a5ff.jpg

af792e28.jpg

AllenC

Yes Doni,
Thank you so much for the advise, I ordered from reed and that stuff is awesome, the rotifers are growing out of control now... lol Thanks Again
My Clowns are laying eggs again tonight...

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yes Doni,
Thank you so much for the advise, I ordered from reed and that stuff is awesome, the rotifers are growing out of control now... lol Thanks Again
My Clowns are laying eggs again tonight...

That's great Allen! :thumbup:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
This is a single spawn from one of my picasso pairs :eek:
4 weeks and 1 day old.

(CLICK to watch the video)

bluespotjawfish

:wave: Hello Doni, been a while. I was curious what/when you feed your babies. My first hatch is on Day 10, feeding nhbbs/rotis :fingerx:. I've tried to read this thread again, but probably missed some of the parts in the middle.

Your 4 week old video is great BTW!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
:wave: Hello Doni, been a while. I was curious what/when you feed your babies. My first hatch is on Day 10, feeding nhbbs/rotis :fingerx:. I've tried to read this thread again, but probably missed some of the parts in the middle.

Your 4 week old video is great BTW!

:thumbup: That's great! Feed them frequently. They should be past meta now and large enough to take nhbbs and crushed powder.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Why did you suddenly start selling the normal clowns in bulk? Not that it's a bad thing! Maybe I'll be able to convince my LFS to but a bunch of misbars!

It has been almost 2 years and I figured it was time to post a couple of pics of my Picasso's. I apologize in advance for the horrible quality and the dirty glass! :)

Attachments

• Pic.JPG
    Pic.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Picasso Clowns 1.jpg
    Picasso Clowns 1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 75