Post your enchinophylias!

Zeppelin

Id say it looks more like Robokoki, looking at some searches I just did.

Here's another mycedium I have had for about 3-4 years now. Indo. Another one with a larger central eye. I almost lost it a couple years back, then when it healed I fragged it and lost the frags as well as really stressed out the colony. Been scared to frag it since. Its starting to get really healthy again. Almost looks like it has electricity running through it with all the thin blue erratic lines.

blue-eyed-mycedium.jpg

Last edited:

Zeppelin

I know others have nice chalice to post. Lets see 'em. ;)

Here's a recent purchase. Another aussie mycedium. Merry Christmas to ME.:clink:

aqua-lavender-mycedium.jpg

Last edited:

Zeppelin

Courtesy of Reef Sanctuary sponsor, Phishy Business. :thumbup: Nice to have him close enough where I can stop in and take a look once in awhile. Serdar and Rene always have some cool stuff to take a look at.

blue-green-echino-1.jpg

blue-green-echino-2.jpg

Zeppelin

Here's one I got about 8 months ago now. The pic on the original site was light pinkish/mauve. I was a bit surprised when I received it, that it had shifted to a dark purple. Still nice, but not what I expected. It was amazing what the darkness of shipping and the shipping stress had done. Since it had the same 'snakeskin' pattern as my Blue Snakeskin, I have been keeping it at the same height below the lights. In a couple months it had shifted back to pink. A few months ago I started seeing hints of light blue coming through the pink. Last month I wanted to try something, so I dropped it about 6-8 or so inches lower in the tank. Boy has the blue come out. Turning into a real stunner.:cool:

pink-blue-snakeskin.jpg

Zeppelin

Thanks Craig. Its quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Here's an old pic. Maybe 2-3 years old. This frag got about as big as the frag disk and I had a ph issue for a couple days and it went to a real ugly brown with the green eyes. That was about a year ago or so. Its recently started coming back. Its grown since that time, but is now starting to color back up. I'm really stoked since its an old school piece. ;)

bluewatermelon.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Craig. Its quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Here's an old pic. Maybe 2-3 years old. This frag got about as big as the frag disk and I had a ph issue for a couple days and it went to a real ugly brown with the green eyes. That was about a year ago or so. Its recently started coming back. Its grown since that time, but is now starting to color back up. I'm really stoked since its an old school piece. ;)

bluewatermelon.jpg

You have some SWEET stuff in your tank!! :)

Zeppelin

That one I actually lost the bigger piece in my display. I had cut this frag off to grow out in my frag tank. Lucky for me that I did, or I wouldn't even have it to try and bring back. ;)

Zeppelin

A couple new lfs snags.

Blue Alien Eye Echinopora.
alien-eye-echinopora.jpg

I'm loving the bright orange/gold eye contrast on the chocolate flesh of this echinophyllia. Its morphed a bit while settling in. Getting some green streaking through it and a nice lime green rim is developing. :)
brown-orange-eye.jpg

Zeppelin

Ya, I do about a 40 gallon water change every weekend religiously. I really dont add any additives except for the vitamin C. I think a water change regiment is the best way to maintain water quality.

Zeppelin

Have had this echino for about 5 years now. Finally got it out of the display long enough to get a nice pic of it. Where it is at in my 300, I can never get a good pic.

red-blue-echinophyllia.jpg