Post your enchinophylias!

Zeppelin

Thanks Craig. :)

One more. I'm lovin' this morph. :)

babybluepink1.jpg

babybluepink2.jpg

Reelheel

Hi Zep,
Is that purple and green considered rare? I think I just got a good-sized piece from a local store and my buddy is really bugging me for a frag...how much are frags of this coral going for? And what size is a typical frag?
Thanks so much for the help.
James

Zeppelin

Its actually not purple. Its light blue with pink flecking, green eyes and rim. And ya, its a pretty unusual piece. ;)

The one of mine a few posts back is also a lighter blue and purple with green eyes. I dont see allot of them, no.

Reelheel

Yeah, the one I have is more blue as well, has a bright green growing edge and bright green eyes. I may wait awhile before I decide to frag it...I'd like to have a better idea what it's "worth" before I give it away.
Thanks.

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
If it's for a buddy frag it! it's always good to have friends that have a frag incase something happens to the parent colony;)

heres one I got from a local LFS.
Finding one like this in New england is usually impossible, I got lucky I guess......
Matt

Attachments

• fish 003 (Custom).jpg
    fish 003 (Custom).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 110
Yup, at a local LFS...
Up where I live its unheard of to find something this nice, I got lucky.
This guys store has some awesome stuff, Its like a mini LA LFS.....

wenzhong

hi to all bros & sis.. can advice mi whether is echinopora easy to keep? will the tentical cum out very long like acan echinata during night??tnks..

Zeppelin

Most like medium to high light, although I have a few that prefer lower light. Mine are in medium flow and all seem happy. I dont think they are hard to keep. Their feeder tentacles do come out at night. Some are much longer than that of acanthastrea. They dont have the aggressive tendancy of acanthastrea though. They will sting other corals, but dont reach out and grab them like acan echinata has a tendancy to. ;)

Hope that helps. :)

BTW, Welcome To Reef Sanctuary.