ping pong ball....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
LOL! I just make up the answers quicker than some others. Partly because I'm a REALLY fast typed and partly because I'm ONLINE more than some others!

Thanks for the kind words! Now back to your "Reefy skunk Works" lab before I google your plans/ideas LOL

degibson84

ya thats what i was thinking using enough to cover the surface of the water but still being able to release gas since it wouldnt be sealed.

only reason i am guessing is cause it is confusing. HAHAHA

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Good find Dr Scott :)

I'm curious about
Solubility: Insoluble in eater, soluble in amyl acetate
but what would it do in our SW solution?

and what would REALLY worry me is
Hazardous Decomposition Products: Oxides of nitrogen, hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide.

Phreek

if im confusing u then im doin my job lol,i cant just ask questions that pertain exactly to my tank plans.then it could be pieced together and found out.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
if im confusing u then im doin my job lol,i cant just ask questions that pertain exactly to my tank plans.then it could be pieced together and found out.

I'm taking notes buddy. I'll put this puzzle together yet! Il dissimilate the clues and come back to let everyone know what you're making in your "Skunk Works Lab". :D

Phreek

hey hey hey! thank you michelle! ur a savin grace. And as for u Al, u know too much already lol, i'll just have to buy u off...

Phreek

and i'll change my mind as fast u can figure a clue out, so u wont know exactly what it is untill it is all unveiled.nothing is set in stone yet.:)

Phreek

ok maybe i forgot how big a ping pong ball is.i need something about 1" across maybe just a TINY bit bigger

chipmunkofdoom2

If you were to tell us your idea, we would be better able to help you. There might be something that you might not be thinking of that we think might work, for instance.

I don't care if you want to tell us or not, but we're only able to do so much if you don't. Think if it like you coming on the forum saying you need tubing for water :hammerhea Weeeeeellll... what kind of tubing? What diameter? How many gallons per hour must it sustain? Any special pressure ratings needed? What's its intended purpose? Catch my drift?

For some reason I'm NOT surprised michelle had a "Ball" link for ya :D

You big perv!!! :hammerhea The reason I had that link is b/c I was thinking about getting some "balls" for my wrasse to play with!! I had been letting him play with ping pong balls until I found out what they were made of.

Phreek

i got ya chipmunk, well let me again state what i need.....a spherical bouyant object,that is sw safe, no bigger than 1.5 inches around.

BLAKEJOHN

You cant just ask for a odd object to put in a tank and not expect us to ask questions. Its just human nature. I just had to read the rest of the thread just to see if you revealed your idea.....But you didn't :(

He only needs one, Most of our drain pipes are 1.25", He wants about and 1.5" ball, and hopes never to use it, sloid or smooth not porus. Sounds like a check valve to me.