Photo Piracy

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
There is an online fish store using one of my photos (without permission) to advertise their products.
:nono:
I've sent an email so hopefully they'll remove the photo soon.

You would think they would know better than to steal someone's picture! Geee whizzz!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
They are using this photo:

20090110BreedingpairofPicassoclo-4.jpg

Dweezil

That's a great photo..I don't blame them. LOL Just kidding of course but it is an awesome photo!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Funny thing is, at the bottom of their webpage they have an excerpt that indicates all photos are Copywrited and cannot be duplicated.
And it's MINE! LOL

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
great pic but i agree with Val.......with a photo with that much "want" by others warrants some type of watermark or backdrop.......liveaquaria does that with theirs i think

Woodstock

RS STAFF
What is a good software program that watermarks?
I wish photobucket did that automatically....

twoclowns

the sad thing is if it was the other way around they would be so quick to have their lawyers harass you, but it will probably take a long time to get them to take it down or an actual letter saying you are going to sue them. Companies just don't care about the little people and their rights. Great pic though

Val

Didn't take much to find the store. I was surprised, was expecting some new business.

jpsika08

Here is a nice Photobucket Watermark video, hope it's what you're looking for:

[YOUTUBE]ALnyb3E1vGY[/YOUTUBE]

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I can't really blame them, it is a great pic. On my website I know they are going to steal pics and I'm to lazy to watermark them all so right on the bottom of the front page I state "If you would like to borrow a picture of a bank note or coin from us feel free but it would be appreciated if you could include a link to us in return."

mikev15101

Woodstock, now that its been mentioned about the photos....I was wondering, I'm thinking about getting some amazing reef pics and such for my fish room. My dad's birthday is coming up and wanted to print out a few amazing pics to frame and hang up in the fish room to surprise him. If I was to maybe work something out with you for some Hi res shots you may have. This would by no means be sold or placed anywhere other than in my fish room. But the fish and the photos you take are amazing would love to be able to have something like that and have my friends say WOW...(after they look at my tank of course ha)...if not I 1000 percent understand no hard feelings at all.