Oxy's RSM250

Pat24601

The MRI showed water in the shoulder joint and arthritis in the collar bone area. Once I stopped weekly yoga due to the pain, my range of motion went downhill in a matter of a couple of months and then tightened up. I'm currently up to 9 different exercises daily to stretch it. But, after 6 wks of PT I'm disappointed I haven't made better progress. I can now reach the top of the tank with that arm to feed the fish, I couldn't do that at the beginning of Jan.

I always vacuum the sand with water changes. Gets the crud out.

Man, that sounds persistent. Is there a plan B for if PT doesn't get there? It doesn't sound pleasant no matter what.

Oxylebius

I've decided to mix up my lighting combo one more time. Gonna try out a combo from this video. Thread here: Which T5 bulb combination? for more on the discussion around the bulbs.

On a different topic from the bulb change out.... has anyone had issues with encrusting monti corals growing up the stems of other corals and taking over them. :apologetic: I've got one persistent monti digi that likes to encrust and spread versus growing upright and is out competing some acros and monti caps. I really need to kill off this coral. It is on some rocks that I can't pull out of the tank. I did cover some of it with aiptasiaX and it worked great to kill the coral polyps, but I wasn't able to kill all of it and now those parts that I missed are spreading and growing back over the dead spots. :rocket:

Oxylebius

I use three different cameras. Most pics are from my cell phone, I guess that one wasn't. I have the Canon Digital Rebel XT DSLR , a cannon powershot, and my samsung cell phone camera. And older pics may have been from my android cell phone.

Last edited:

Pat24601

Thanks! I have a Rebel T4i, which seems to take much better pictures than my iPhone recently. Maybe since I switched my T5s to more blues? But, I rarely have it nearby. Wondering if I should pull it out more.

Scottwolver

I just reread your entire thread. Simply extraordinary and just loaded with help and real data behind most of the opinions where it exists. Thanks so much.

A quick question on your leopard wrasse (bipartitus). You had purchased 3 and unfortunately only one survived. Were you prepared to keep all 3 or did you expect one or two not to make it?If all 3 survived were you at all concerned about overstocking or did you feel your system could handle it?

Anything interesting you have learned about that beautiful fish since you have had it would also be greatly appreciated it as well.

Thanks so much again for all your help. You have a true gift. Thanks for sharing it....

Last edited:

Pat24601

I just reread your entire thread. Simply extraordinary and just loaded with help and real data behind most of the opinions where it exists. Thanks so much.

She is both stunningly impressive and willing to help. It's funny because back when I first started and she was helping me, I didn't realize what an informed opinion I was getting. It took me several months of getting educated myself before I realized just how impressive she is. :)

Last edited:

Oxylebius

A quick question on your leopard wrasse (bipartitus). You had purchased 3 and unfortunately only one survived. Were you prepared to keep all 3 or did you expect one or two not to make it?If all 3 survived were you at all concerned about overstocking or did you feel your system could handle it?

Anything interesting you have learned about that beautiful fish since you have had it would also be greatly appreciated it as well.

Thanks so much again for all your help. You have a true gift. Thanks for sharing it....

I just posted a good list of things to think about if you are interested in picking up a leopard wrasse, see post here.

I was fully prepared to have three of these wrasses. I had done two years of research on a wrasse located in the the Channel Is. off CA. Knowing the wrasses general behavior in harems didn't concern me. Three additional fish would have added extra bio load to my tank, but I would have changed my husbandry to compensate for it. Luckily bipartitus stay on the small side. And my other fish also stay fairly small as adults. The foxface was the one I was worried about, it can get large.

Scottwolver

I just posted a good list of things to think about if you are interested in picking up a leopard wrasse, see post here.

I was fully prepared to have three of these wrasses. I had done two years of research on a wrasse located in the the Channel Is. off CA. Knowing the wrasses general behavior in harems didn't concern me. Three additional fish would have added extra bio load to my tank, but I would have changed my husbandry to compensate for it. Luckily bipartitus stay on the small side. And my other fish also stay fairly small as adults. The foxface was the one I was worried about, it can get large.

Thanks so much. I saw the list you posted. Extraordinarily helpful and comprehensive (as usual). I have fallen in love with the various leopard wrasses....I am going to have to get a bigger tank!!!!!!!

Oxylebius

The O. pictus is not a wrasse, but a hexagrammid fish and bottom dwelling. :sunshine:

W1261949x.JPG

Last edited:

Scottwolver

The O. pictus is not a wrasse, but a hexagrammid fish and bottom dwelling. I did my undergrad research on them. :sunshine:

W1261949x.JPG
Yes knew it wasn't a wrasse and I figured it must have been something like that. You commit your life to something like that for so long you might as well "change your name to what you are studying"! Looks a bit like a leopard wrasse if you use your imagination just a bit don't you think!!!:thumber2: