OT: How much is gas in your area??

tbittner

Re: How much is gas in your area??

I always thought that premium was only for 8 cylinders and up :dunno:

High compression engines require premium. If the manufacturer doesn't say "Premium gas only" then you are truly wasting your money by buying premium.

And don't you love how Regular, Mid, and Premium USED to be separated by 10 cents each? Now the difference between regular and premium is 50 cents. My car requires premium (bmw 530I) but I run mid grade in it and it runs fine. I've run regular in it at times too just to save some money.

Darn gas companies don't need anymore money to boost their obscene profits higher.

ReefGuy69

3.39 and rising every day in Upstate NY, but dont worry Gas and Oil companies are still profiting millions and millions and millions.

thelastmucci

declauderdale...I heard from my uncle it may hit 4 in Cali this year...man I feel for ya.

prow

3.45 "stinkin California"

man i hear that. i just dont get it, much of the overseas oil comes here through san pedro and long beach harbors. then we have oil refineries everywhere, i mean there are 6 big refineries with in a 5-10mile radius of me and thats not including all the off shore rigs. then from PV i can see maybe 20-30+. then we have those oil horses speckled about, but yet we have some of the highest prices in the country, what the.:dunno:

BarbMazz

i wonder what petrol is costing those in europe?

I was just over there a week ago. Regular gas, after the conversion from litres to gallons, was between $7.50-$8.00 a gallon. I didn't pay any attention to petrol/diesel prices, though. Their society is more set up to take the prices in stride though. Tons of scooters, really small cars... smart car small and smaller, much better public transportation.. trains, buses, bicycles for hire. And, of course, everyone walks a lot more than here.

BarbMazz

man i hear that. i just dont get it, much of the overseas oil comes here through san pedro and long beach harbors. then we have oil refineries everywhere, i mean there are 6 big refineries with in a 5-10mile radius of me and thats not including all the off shore rigs. then from PV i can see maybe 20-30+. then we have those oil horses speckled about, but yet we have some of the highest prices in the country, what the.:dunno:

Prow, isn't your gas taxed higher there for environmental reasons?

reefman420

well beiung a trucking buisness owner..desile $4.79 a gallon x 100 gallon tanks filled up 7 times a week,man this is killing profit

This is in minnesota,national gas tax,and a tax since our bridge callapsed

prow

we pay more than anyone else. but i dont think its environmental related. maybe presented that way. bill clinton had laws in place for oil refineries to clean up-filters processing changes ect...because many refineries are here and provide jobs and blah blah blah us tax payers said we would help with the costs to convert over to the cleaner process. but then bush came and changed all that. he voided the changes a year before they were to take effect. however the state already had the "voted on" gas tax law in place so they used it and still do. now the state just keeps the tax going never to talk about why its still there. it has just became part of the norm now. heck, over here our gov even looks at law enforcement as more of a source of revenue then a expenditure for our safety and protection.

sorry, i am ranting, can you tell this is somewhat of a soft spot for me:)

Triggerjay

High compression engines require premium. If the manufacturer doesn't say "Premium gas only" then you are truly wasting your money by buying premium.

I honestly feel that in most "premium fuel" cars, the ignition timing is set so far advanced, to gain HP, that you have to run premium to avoid a gas ping. I used to run my 5.0 Mustang 12 deg advanced on the ignition timing, and it ran great on premium, but pinged bad on low octane. Backed off the timing, and it runs anything at the pump no problem, but has a noticable HP loss with the timing where it is.

Jason

BarbMazz

Still a deal compared to what most of the world is paying. Just sayin'! :look: