OK Two new 75 Starfire tanks on the way and lots of possibilities and money.

kyle4201

Ugh! But I was in the pool all afternoon to wash off all the salt from the ocean from all morning! ! Im clean! Lollol.

O yea, I live in sout Fl. Lol. (I'm just upset but it's going to take 2 or 3 years to see your tanks at full potential. However, seeing your diligence I know it will be worth the wait.!! ) :lurk:

Basile

Ugh! But I was in the pool all afternoon to wash off all the salt from the ocean from all morning! ! Im clean! Lollol.

O yea, I live in sout Fl. Lol. (I'm just upset but it's going to take 2 or 3 years to see your tanks at full potential. However, seeing your diligence I know it will be worth the wait.!! ) :lurk:

I do appreciate your enthousiam lol. But like they say all good thing comes to those who know how to wait. As i'm retired or semi retired i figure i got time and i rather take the time to do it right the first time than to rush into it. I have a problem and it has to be resolve, before i proceed. And your not going to like whats coming but the air exchanger has to be put in before i can start the system, now. Its already getting -1oC here and frost is upon us here in Canada. It would of been fine in sept when i was suppose to have the tanks, but now with all the delays, its november. The airexchanger has to be put in before those babies run. So thats going to be another week or two, in the making. Depending on their schedules. Do you feel the itch yet lol. i'm ok with it. It'll give me time to finish my floor while they work on the unit, dec 1 to be realistic and prudent the water will flow, could be sooner, cause it takes just a few days for them to put it in. So between Nov 01 and dec 01 how's that? LOL Life is beautiful! Keep the popcorn comming lol. Thanks again for your interest.

Basile

Foaming times

Well yesterday i did a bit of foaming in the fuge i foamed my wall . I place temporarely my wall in my main tank to see what cut i would have to make. I say temporarely because we have to move that pig again to be able to slide my sump back into position again. Oh dear...... Anyway it looks nice .

I'll foam those in after the sump is put in.

Photo008-5.jpg

I'll be putting resin and sanding the foam on the sculpure today 2 inch of sand will cover the eggcrate making my Tonga branch stand alone.

Photo010-4.jpg

If you use any foam Acetone will clean out the spout very well and you can use your can and spout again and again. That stuff really strong .It also very good to clean your hands

Photo011-4.jpg

Photo012-3.jpg

The foam will be sand today and will be blend in. I don't want dirty water to be trapped behind those panels.

Photo014-4.jpg

Photo015-3.jpg

Photo016-4.jpg

The foamed worked well it went right where i wanted and is blocking any entry spot.

Photo018-2.jpg

Photo019-4.jpg

Photo021-3.jpg

A nice blade will get rid of the smudge.

Photo022-2.jpg

Smelly cat, smelly cat, or is it soft kitty?

Photo031-2.jpg

Photo030-2.jpg

Photo028-3.jpg

Cat alley......behind the scenes

Photo023-4.jpg

They shouldnt mess with the plumbing right????

Photo024-3.jpg

Thats how thick those stands are

Photo025-2.jpg

What a line up!The 150 G backwall

Photo027-2.jpg

Inside the $20 external glass Wavebox, i just bought the Tunze pump and voila. I bought the sponge too to house the pump.

Photo026-2.jpg

The top of the panel will be siliconed on this one because foam swells too much . I don't want the foam blocking my teeth.

Photo020-2.jpg

A lurker....

Photo013-2.jpg

The next step is to foam in the seperation with rubbles and blend in the foam and rubble with resin and sand.Thats today; Foam and rubbles will help make and secure the screen. I thought that i wouldn't need silicone on the front glass, that it would be tight enough. WRONG i'll have to put silicone after all. Can't win every time .

Photo007-5.jpg

On the left side will be the anglers, they don't need much swimming room they rather "walk" and stalk their prey. The right side will be the seahorses territory. The extreme right panel prevent the light from the window to go in the tank.

Photo006-5.jpg

Before foaming i made sure that every panel was flush with the glass. As you can see they are very flat.

Photo005-3.jpg

Photo004-4.jpg

The bottom are also very flat and smooth

Photo002-5.jpg

The rubbles for the screen

Photo001-5.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
When will it be wet, and your build... reminds me of this quote...

happiness is a journey, not a destination; happiness is found along the way

Basile

When will it be wet, and your build... reminds me of this quote...

happiness is a journey, not a destination; happiness is found along the way

No kidding lol Yes its taking a bit more time than previously anticipated but, patience is a verue they say and in are hobby nothing good happens fast is another saying , lol. well looks like this is going to be awsome lol. I have to wait that the air-exchanger has to be put in . That takes a few days. i have to call the guys tomorrow to make the arrangements for next week or so. Its important because with all the humidity that those tanks are going to generate and the cold spells we're having now a frost can happen on my windows and we don't want that. So for a date, nov 15 about. The plumbing will be finished next week as well, now we still have to settle the sump issue thats next weekend. Followed by the plumbing then the watertests, and then the water. then dec 1 the first fish, the chromis school 7 of them they've been in quarantine for 2 months now in a macro-algae biotope with live rock and live sand that will be transfered into the big system as soon as its open then this small tank will become the QT for the next fishes after that all the remaining rock and sand will be transfered to the big system and the qt tank will be bare of any material and be a sterile QT tank with new arrivals. . The proposed stocking is school of 7 chromis- 5 anthias-1 Yellow Tang-2 Picasso clown ( the anemone a year later) another fish not sure what, open to suggestions...

Basile

Finishing the Refugium

Ok well today was finishing the refugium decor, backwall , the separation and the substrates.

So i chose some rubbles to put in the larger openings and gaps between the separation and the ceramic panel, and then applied the foam.

Photo013-3.jpg

Photo014-5.jpg

I applied foam on both sides to make sure shrimps the smallest of the critters wouldn't cross over and be eaten by the anglers.

Photo015-4.jpg

Photo016-5.jpg

Now i didn't apply foam in the bottom like i intended to do because 3 inch of sand would help hold this as well. I just put rubbles to help lift the screen in place while the foam cures. after that i'll silicone the front edge to the front glass panel. I thought i wouldn't have too, but i have too.Their's a gap and i have to fill it.

Photo017-4.jpg

Thats the silicone i used on top of the panels not block the teeth with foam, the same will be done for the screen.

Photo018-3.jpg

Photo019-5.jpg

I have 2 gallons of mud in the tank with the sand on top on one side, and on the other side its a bit mixed. The sand is Tropic Eden Tonga Reef Flakes and Tonga Reef mini-Flakes 2-1 ratio. I use mud for medicinal reason and nothing else, i still do my water changes , i do my own miracles......

Photo020-3.jpg

Photo021-4.jpg

Photo022-3.jpg

Photo023-5.jpg

The Anglers pen , 30 G

Photo024-4.jpg

The seahorses pen 45 G

Photo025-3.jpg

Photo026-3.jpg

Oh yes i forgot i sanded my sculpture

Photo001-6.jpg

I'll probably do a second coating

Photo002-6.jpg

Photo003-6.jpg

Don't forget to clean your spout with acetone to be able to reuse it

Photo006-6.jpg

Photo007-6.jpg

Photo008-6.jpg

Photo009-5.jpg

Photo012-4.jpg

Nice progress there! I'm one of those guys that's never even thought about cleaning the foam in a can nozzles. I'll give that a shot sometime. Thanks for that tip! Wonder if it works on the regular household stuff as well :wave:

Basile

Nice progress there! I'm one of those guys that's never even thought about cleaning the foam in a can nozzles. I'll give that a shot sometime. Thanks for that tip! Wonder if it works on the regular household stuff as well :wave:

Thank you , guess who i found spoiling my sand this morning.......what punishment should i inflic do you think. Bare in mind these guys already got castrated lol. Are they intitle to some mistchivism?????

Photo024-4.jpg

Thank you , guess who i found spoiling my sand this morning.......what punishment should i inflic do you think. Bare in mind these guys already got castrated lol. Are they intitle to some mistchivism?????

Were they trying to add material to cycle your tank faster? lol..... that is the first thing that came to mind cats + sand = rofl :pBJ:

Basile

Cats on the prowl

Look at the picture, and envision a pair of Maspect Razors LED lights side by side and hanging there on top of that tank. Now i don't know if you've seen the Razor's profile but they're shaped like a nice walkway , and perfect for the cats to climb on unfortunatly. So i plan to hook from the ceilling , the same as the LED lights, a panel of plexiglas the lenght of the tank coming down behind the tank and cutting off access to the tank, so my feline friends don't hop on my warm LED's and plunge them into the water.

Photo006-5.jpg

Maxspect-27-Inch-Razor-R420R-10-000K-LED-Light-Fixture-98.jpg

By the way while i was writing this one of them was talking, yes you know, the way they are in the morning lol. Anyway all innocent and climbing slowly up and acting all innocent and looking around and walking back and forth , pacing, if i hadn't been there , i know where he'd been going, lol and as soon as i leave i'll be going in , they're so deliberate, and anyone saying they're not intelligent are crazy, they choose their timing and act so innocently before ...grrr we love them so much don't we, i do.

Last edited:

Basile

Doom and gloom

Well , i've taken the trim off the sump.I shaved the silicone off the sump following the edge of the glass and taken mesurements; here's the mesurements i get so far;(all in inches)

The top of the sump; 19 7/8
Bottom of the sump; 20 1/16
Legs of the stand, bottom 19 15/16
Legs of the stand, middle 20
Legs of the stand top 20
Inside the stand 20 1/16

We are making the last attempt tonight.

You asked me if it will fit i d o n o t k no w snif
:cry1:

Basile

Well its a missed sump

We tried and its a missed sump. It doesn't fit between the legs and even if it did their's not room for a hair to move between the bottom braces for the sump. Concept told me they hadn't tried the sump under the stand before shipping it. OOPs not a good move. We tried removing the trim but ultimatly its no go. They said they'd build me another one if that solution didn't work, which i'm greatfull.After all sending the sump and the stand without seing if it fits, is kina strange.

Basile

My Razors

If the weekend was disapointing it was still productive. I managed to installed some of my Maspect Razors light system, one was missing its hanging kit , which i'm going to claim at the store who sold it to me. It was a chore because living in a building with cement slabs 8 inches thick .....I had to drill that concrete! Those tanks will never go anywhere and certainly not those lights.

Photo052.jpg

Photo049.jpg

Photo053.jpg

The hooks are good for 67 lb, the razors are 5.5 lb, i'm good.

Photo054.jpg

When i chose the razors , it was suppose to be between two tanks; one on top of each other, the shape of the Razors made perfect sense at that time. The other factors were; at the time of the conception of the tanks, i had chosen a light to be just right for the dept of the tanks, 21". The Razor's PAR was perfect for that, plus , since it was suppose to be between two tanks i didn't want the heat to overheat the top tank above. Again the wing shape and design of the Razors proved to be perfect for it, even its operation, the fans only working when it becomes too hot made sense, still do. Yes they're still my choice even after the changes in the layout of my system; Razors Rule!!!!

Photo055.jpg

Photo056.jpg

Photo057.jpg

Photo058.jpg

Photo059.jpg

I'm leaving the wall blank, to me it makes the room bigger and symbolises vastnest and makes the effect really interesting in the room

Photo060.jpg

Photo061.jpg

Photo062.jpg

Photo063.jpg

Photo064.jpg

Photo065.jpg