OK Two new 75 Starfire tanks on the way and lots of possibilities and money.

well_done_sir.gif

This is gonna be good. Subscribed :wave:

Oh... Also nice to see the felinecoral balances well on your rock work.

Basile

The arrival

The arrival of the tanks, the stand didn't make the connection.....are we pleased???Nooooo....

Photo001-1.jpg

Photo002-1.jpg

Photo003-1.jpg

Photo004.jpg

Open crate???

Photo005.jpg

Photo006.jpg

Photo007.jpg

I keep the wraped up untill ready to be used. They seem fine and the way they where protected no worries. Those babies were heavy!!!!! The 75 g refugium and the 65 g sump here

Photo008.jpg

And the monster 150 G in perfect condition , i'm goin to work on the overflow and its easier like that and monday she'll be put on right side up on her stand. All the guys were looking at her overflow and the wavebox , pretty neat design. They loved the glued press resin wood panel on the bottom idea.

Photo010.jpg

How can we forget Lulu and Theo, making their inspections

Photo011.jpg

Photo012.jpg

I'll have more and better pics later time for bed cheers!

Basile

[QUOTE Nice! How long do you anticipate it taking you to get water in it?[/QUOTE]

I have the same philosophy as are hobby, nothing good happens fast. It'll take the time it takes. I still have to replace the structure of my first sculpture, and do the finishing touches, on both sculptures. Do my fittings on all 3 tanks. put the tanks on the stands, and do the plumbing, and testing it.So no pressure. Today i'm going to buy some pvc and fittings. Tomorrow will be the sculptures refits structure. All and all i say 10 day before water start flowing in there, 15 days before we start cycling, in a month i should be able to put corals and macro algae in there. 6 weeks the first fish.

Basile

The catwalk

The tanks will be sharing these guy's room along with my PC room so for those who missed the beginning here are Lulu and theo's catwalk

Lulu playing in the tanks, in the sump now, the return section; the next time it will be a little wet my friend!!!

Photo013.jpg

0fa985da-9ed0-486b-bd73-a6344d8753bc.jpg

4c5d4a05-0b71-43b3-bf57-be05fe5ca395.jpg

Completely baffled

Photo021.jpg

Lulu the computer expert

Photo012.jpg

Photo009.jpg

Photo010.jpg

I had to cover my tank they were leaving all sort of foot print on it! Now their battling it out who's going to be on top, lol often as brothers do.All the way to the floor

Photo027.jpg

Photo028-1.jpg

Peace time again

Photo024.jpg

Photo023.jpg

See what i mean see what he's doing he's bitting my tank, eating it, good thing i got the blanket, to protect it.

Photo026.jpg

Photo022.jpg

Hyppocrite! lol

Photo011.jpg

See you on the next catwalk

Basile

Playing with my TOYS!!!!!!!

I know that grown ups are suppose to be mature, set example to younger generations, but with cool things like that who can resist? So played with MY TOYS!!!!!!!

Photo011-1.jpg

Photo012-1.jpg

Photo013.jpg

Photo014.jpg

It was already mesured , the stand at 28" left plenty of room for the foot print and the cup , but never assume anything in this hobby i've learned the hard way!

Photo015.jpg

I've heard so much about this monster, that i actually modified my sump for it.

Photo016.jpg

Photo017.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Basile

More toys

Through research on the net i discover a material on the market that absorb 98% of vibrations and noise in any environement according to the manifacturer; Sorbothane. So i ordered some for my sump. It doesn't change unlike foam or plastic or other materials.

Photo021.jpg

Photo022.jpg

Photo024.jpg

Photo023.jpg

Photo026.jpg

A very well stocked sump

Photo027.jpg

My reactors for phosban and carbon

Photo028.jpg

The drains will dump in the first section on the left and fill it; it'll overflow into the socks and then go throught the skimmer and head to the return who'll split in two feeding the reactors and returning to the Reef tank. The second pump will send all the way to the refugium, on the other wall.See floor plan in the thread

Photo029.jpg

Remember earlyer i said i had to modify the sump because of the Bubble Master Skimmer. Its so proficient at making micro bubbles that some finds their way to the return pumps in system all over. So i had an extra baffle installed to prevent that, hopefully it will.

Photo030.jpg

The two return have lots of room, i can still put a third and even maybe a fourth pump.

Photo031.jpg

Guess who's comming to dinner?

Photo032.jpg

This is the feeding bulkhead to the Reef tank. Its about an inch under the water line to avoid skimming the junk and catching the good stuff for the reef. If the power fail; the lack of the return pump will stop the flow , as the "T" fitting at the bulkhead .

Photo036.jpg

The external coast to coast of the refugium with the 1.5" Herbie style system drain bulkheads and the 1" return bulkhead.

Photo037.jpg

One thing that i really resent from Octopus is the fact that we have to order seperatly that grey silencer at the end of the gate valve for $ 70, they should include it in the Skimmer box at $ 500 the skimmer, i wrote them about it in a negative way. You should too if you have one, it matters!!

Photo038.jpg

The 150 G overflow system bulkheads

Photo039.jpg

The 75G looks prestine out of its foam and plastic. As for the younger generation , they wouldn't have the money to play with such toys, lol......;)

Photo009-1.jpg

Basile

My wall

Trying out my wall and my separation as my refugium it will host seahorses on the left side and anglers on the right side.

They're a bit high so i'll have to cut them with a saw, its easy , but they're fragile it like chaulk.

Photo041.jpg

The reason their's a panel on the right side is the window right accross the tank and right at that level, so no sun light please.

9e2a2747-747c-44a5-8012-00d17a66460a.jpg

9bad5821-d4b5-487f-b8ae-25e1e61cc118.jpg

Your reading right , my sepeartion is a screen door for pets. i just have to put the nylon screen in cut the inside panel i don't need and the seperation is done and the water can flow easely between the two sides. even the shrimps can't cross over, just the pods. The instalation will require some rubbles and pond foam to secure everything no silicone on the glass no need. everything will be held from the bottom and the reer.

30eb498a-b2cf-42cb-9b81-5b4129fdca51.jpg

The angler doesn't needs much room they hardly swim this cube shape biotope will be perfect for it.

Photo047.jpg

All the panels will foamed around the edges to prevent water going in the back with detritus. I'll sealed them on all sides. In between rubbles will be added to blend the seems and the foam will be sanded with resin as well.

Basile

Scuba camp

The cats are in training as we speak; to boldly go where no cats have gone before

ScubaKitty.jpg

Last edited:

Basile

awesome work basile, everything looks great, looks like the kitties approve too :)

Thanks it does take lots of planing i'm finally getting a grip on the plumbing i have to do its not the monster i use to dread anymore, now that i've manipulated the stuff and search for the parts, i have a better understanding of the workings, plus i've glued some pvc together now and will be a bit more prepare to do the job. I still went the easy way with Ultraflex all the way, with unions and wall clamps to secure the Flex on the walls. Gate valves for my Herbie drains and ball valves for open and shut areas. Got a couple of Check valve for my returns and i'm all set. As you can see i could pass as real plumber now lol . Some one on the net offered me $ 450 for my sculpture lol. No way its made for my tank but , made me realise some people don't seem to have the skills to do it i guess. Another of my buddies wanted to take it home and said make another one i'll take this one home , lol. I guess i could make some dough during my retirement days lol.