Nigma's 250!!

kyley

Hey Nigma, how are ya? We haven't heard from you in a month or so! Just thought I'd check in and see how things are going with your tank! Take care,
--Kyle

Nigma

hey guys, indeed it has been too long! hope everyone is doing well and fine
tank is going well so far, i did add a new fish a couple of months ago... yup another clown fish!!!! shocker eah? the LFS had this really calm clown, he was housed with a firefish and a couple of other docile fish, so i picked him up... i had to make sure he is a mellow clown... can't have another repeat of a clown eating my JawFish's tail....

been adding some coral too, Xenia went all crazy... from 5 branches to this small forest haha... but enough chit chat here are some PICS!!

my BSJF i love that guy!
IMG_1494.jpg

another shot of this silly guy
IMG_1493.jpg

my new clown, Jawfish doesn't trust him... haha
IMG_1492.jpg

my xiena forest... that stuff grows fast!
IMG_1491.jpg

firefish!
IMG_1489.jpg

i have no idea what this stuff is.. started growing not too long ago
IMG_1488.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great to see you again - nice update! Weird stuff in that last picture - maybe a type of macroalgae?

Nigma

thanks guys, some thing crazy just happened tonight, i leave the tank fine and even saw a small jellyfish swimming around, i think heh cool!

i come home 2 hours later and there is now particles EVERY WHERE!!

it doesn't seem to be "micro bubbles" just random white dots every where in the water........ i turned off both my pumps.... and the water is suspended with this stuff....

IMG_1499.jpg

here is a couple of questions for you guys
A)should i keep my pumps off?
B)should i wait to c if the particles to go away by tomorrow?
if not, should i start setting up for a huge water change... like 80% if not 90% water change?
C)what the heck caused this? this can't be an agile out break?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Could the BSJF have gone on a burrowing spree and stirred up a lot of the substrate? I'd leave the circ pumps on and run a fine filter to try to remove it.

Nigma

yeah, i left one pump on before i went to bed... corals weren't liking the lack of flow...

so this morning the particulate storm seems to be less, but not much less.... also i found 100s, if not 1000s of pod like stuff on my glass.. that wasn't there last night.... could the sand storm be them too? they move like insects on the glass...

but yeah, its getting better... i will wait until tomorrow.... man i freak out to eazly with my tank

kyley

Hey Nigma, thanks for the update - now how about another one? Did you find out what all that stuff was floating around? Maybe something spawned?

Firefish, clown, and of course, the BSJF all look great! Yeah, watch out for that Xenia; it will grow fast! Take care,
--Kyle

JimmyJ

Great looking pics! I am curious to know as well if you found out what the stuff was in your tank.

reeferman

better get a hold on that xenia or it WILL take over your entire tank.it will even encrust over other corals.

Nigma

sup guys, yeah to this day i am not sure what was that storm was about.... the next couple of days it got alot better, and cleared up nicely

a bit of sad news though... today i found my clown fish dead.... i have no idea what went wrong, his body looked clean... no bite marks, no blotches, no redness or blood any where, no white dots... he was doing fine yesterday... ate well and swam around good... i had him for a while now, 3 month or so... he was getting bigger too.... damn...

my 1st death in the tank, sucks big time... gonna test my water as soon as i could...
my test kits were at work, i am setting up a smaller tank in the office....

jawfish and firefish doing fine so far....