New Red Sea Coral Pro?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good question Tammy! I'm still a bit confused as to why I would want one salt more than the other. I think the Red Sea Salt is lower priced. When my Salinity salt is gone I'll still plan on going back to the Coral Pro.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Kev ~ Is that to say if I am understanding this right....if you're looking to maintain a tank as it is you could use the Red Sea Salt and if you are looking to perhaps frag or want rapid growth rates you would use the Coral Pro?

Dweezil, your spot on, yes is the simple answer.

Red Sea Kev

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Well, the picture is of the new bucket, but as to what you'd receive is a guess. They may have grabbed the new picture from the web, but are selling the previous version. You could always message the Ebay seller & ask.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Kev Red Sea Rep said if you get the new bucket, you get the new salt, but I would PM them too & make sure... let us know !

Kevnvan

Response from eBay merchant

"Dear kevnvan,

Yes, the image should reflect the item being shipped accurately and we do have the new buckets of Red Sea salt.

-Robert

- petstore-web"

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cool - I talked to Marine Depot again today & they are still waiting for thier new shipment ! They are expecting it this week...

Thanks for the update !

Kevnvan

OK so as a follow up I decided to call petstore.com(sister co. to Marine Depot) and ask about the new container and Jason (extremely helpful) went and pulled a bucket and told me most def NOT the new "advertised" bucket, this goes for their eBay business as well to which I quoted one of their employees stating the opposite. Also I was told that mid week they are expecting a new shipment of RS Salt, as Glenn stated, but that they will not sell it till the old mix goes first, I think he said there were only 4 or 5 55g buckets left.

tnwillia

Just got this from them and ordered my bucket.....

"You recently asked us to email you when we restocked our inventory of Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix 175gal - Bucket,
We have great news: the Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix 175gal - Bucket, is now in stock and ready to ship today!
Please note that our auto notification service only updates you on the products arrival; it does not actually reserve the product for you.
Due to a limited supply, all merchandise is sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Place your order now to ensure sufficient stock is available.
Thanks again for shopping at MarineDepot.com. We look forward to shipping your order!
Sincerely,
Marine Depot"

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Well folks it looks like your starting to get your hands on the new formula Red Sea salt and Red Sea Coral Pro salt, any body wanting the salt manual just PM me your email and I'll send you a copy.

Also you'll soon be seeing the New Red Sea Reef Care program which is launching in the UK next week, this will compliment the new salts perfectly, this new program comes after extensive research over the last 5 years by Red Sea scientists any body wanting information on this program again please PM me your email and I'll send you the information, it does make some very interesting reading on what I'm sure you'll find as a major step forward in the keeping of a reef aquarium.

Red Sea Kev