New Red Sea Coral Pro?

clka

Got an email from Petstore.com returns dept. stating they had rec'd claim info from UPS and to please email or call as to what I wanted to do. I called first thing this morning, asked for a replacement and was told a new one would be sent out today :) They told me to hang on to the old one as UPS may or may not come by to pick it up in the next 5 - 7 business days.

No hassle...great customer service!

Cheryl

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Based on experience, I doubt UPS will be by to pick up the cracked bucket, so you may get more salt than you thought you were getting. :)

clka

Do you think its safe to use salt that is open and leaking and been who knows where? Am I being paranoid?

Cheryl

echopiece

Just grab some salt from the center and mix it up with a fresh batch of 0 tds water and do some baseline CA, dKH and Mg tests on it! I want to see the differences here. :bouncer:

reefhusker

Just received my bucket and it is also the new black bucket.(luckily without a crack in the bottom) However I won't be using it for a while as I still have 30-40 gallons mixed up and ready for water changes.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Do you think we should start a new thread on the Reef Care program, so people can post their experiences with it? It sounds very interesting indeed.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Based on the files I got from RedSeaKev the Reef Care Program (RCP) - two part, supplements, and new kits, looks like a winner. It sounds like Europe will get them first. :(

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Based on the files I got from RedSeaKev the Reef Care Program (RCP) - two part, supplements, and new kits, looks like a winner. It sounds like Europe will get them first. :(

Hi ReefMack,
Not to sure about Europe I will check, I can tell you the program was launched in the UK Monday this week, I believe the States are next it is tending to follow the salt release as the program compliments the salts.

I will check and post accordingly.

Red Sea Kev

Stody0

Hello everyone

I thought I would post my initial findings using the new Red Sea Coral Pro.
I have done 3 water changes using the new salt, mainly to lower a spike in Nitrates and Ammonia, all are now back to normal thankfully.

So here is what I have tested for when mixing the new salt and the results I have found, the results for all 3 water changes have been consistent. I have also listed the test kit used in each case.

I mixed 15lts at a time and heated the water to 25C (77F), I used the values on the side of the bucket to calculate the amount of salt needed for a SG1025, this was slightly out but not by much.

Water was mixed and heated for 3 days before I checked the parameters.

Ph = 8.4 - Tropic Marine test kit
KH = 11dkh Tropic Marine test kit
Calcium = 520 mg/l API test kit
Magnesium = 1260 ppm Salifert Test kit

Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates all zero - Tropic Marine test kit

The tank stock all seem to be doing well, I am not sure if it is just coincidence but my wife said to me the other day...... what have you done to the tank :dunno: ...... all the corals seems to be out more !.

Hope the above info is of help,

Kind regards

Al

:thumber:

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks for doing the tests Al. I'll be giving it a try when it gets here!

echopiece

Thanks for test update Al. I didnt realize the Ca was that high - 520. Is that the same number posted on the bucket?