My Puppy

Msigler

Me too. I don't know what color to call them. They're like a goldish grey color. He is getting big. 35 pounds already and he was born on July 17th...

BLAKEJOHN

The media has given pits such a bad rap. German shepards can be just as bad but those attacks are just described as an angry dog that was bothered. Same goes for pits and any other dog too. It just sickens me the way they portray these dogs.

We have had a pit mix for four yrs. We picked him up at a shelter at the age of 3. The owners got rid of him because they said he was mean. The shelter did not want to give me the dog because I had young children. I had to sign a paper acknowledging the risks I was taking.

My kids are now 5, 4 and 2 and they have tried this dog over the years, falling off the couch and landing on the dog, pulling his tail and ears, and anything you can imagine toddlers to do. We have taught the kids to respect the dog and learn when he does not want to be bothered. We have not had any incedents with our dog and the kids.

This shows me and anyone else who complains that we have a pit and children, That it is the owners that determine the dogs behavior.

Msigler

I agree 100%. If you treat a dog as you should, he is not going to be a bad dog. The problem with pitbulls is that most of the people who get them should not own a hampster let alone a pitbull. You could get any dog in the world and if you are not good to it, it will be a mean dog... Pitbulls are very smart, loyal, and loving clowns. Very good dogs that need good owners.

Msigler

Yea, he's a good dog. It shocks me how fast he learns things. Only problem is that he thinks he is a lapdog. It was ok when he was smaller but he now weighs about 80 pounds and is still growing.

Msigler

It's tough. When they are little you just wanna hold them all the time. But now I have a 70-80 pound pitbull constantly trying to climb in my lap. He also normally has a slobbery toy in his mouth that he wants to slime my arm with. LOL

Msigler

c4862bf4.jpg

Msigler

My dog is so lazy he takes a break in the middle of climbing off the recliner.
4472b939.jpg

Here is his "Are you going to eat that whole thing by yourself" look.
af94af5b.jpg

Msigler

LOL. Thanks Terry. He is a goofball. He stayed like that for at least a few minutes. In the house he is very lazy but outside he's like a little kid on mountain dew.

Msigler

We got lucky and got a great deal on female pup. Same place we got Oliver from. A top breeder in California. She should ship soon. YAY!!! I have already named her Lola. I just love that old song Lola. So Oli has Lola now. I hope they get along because they will be together forever. LOL. YAY I am excited.
081c70cd.jpg