My husband is a piece of work (long)

BarbMazz

Well this is my thought I havegone from 20 gallons to 1320 gallons Plus a 380 gallon sump 65" plasma & a 42" so that it that

I would suggest the Sequence Marlin Pump you will be looking @ about 12-1300 GPH @ 13'. I would stongly suggest a swing check valve I have used them & never had one fail I would also add the anti syphon holes as a backup.

ReeFlo Pumps

Okay! I'm shoot you an email about pricing right now. John has been glued to the computer for hours this morning looking at plumbing and valves and what not! :snshne: It's a great day in BarbMazz Land!

Can you direct me to a link about the swing check valve that you use? Thanks, Jack!

goldenmean

Wow Barb!
You have it bad!
Here you are upgrading your tank and you dont even have the first tank up yet.
You go girl!
Now get that basement finished.

BarbMazz

Wow Barb!
You have it bad!
Here you are upgrading your tank and you dont even have the first tank up yet.
You go girl!
Now get that basement finished.

LOL... you know, if I had told John at the beginning of this that I wanted to have a marine equipment room in the basement he would have told me I was nuts.

He said he wants to do it "right", and the right way is to have all maintenance things in one area which happens to be the basement. This is going to be AWESOME because he doesn't believe in doing things half-a***d.

BarbMazz

Dear Witty Dave,

I am honored to have a place in your signature.

With warm regards,

BarbMazz
Stoogish Conniver Extraordinaire

p.s. NOW can I have your suggestions/opinions about the plumbing I need to do?!

boozeman

hate to break up the party... but, this thread is already 5 pages long without a single plumbing pic !!!
...get busy Barb !

BarbMazz

hate to break up the party... but, this thread is already 5 pages long without a single plumbing pic !!!
...get busy Barb !

I have no pictures :( :eek: :look:

However, John did order a 100gal Rubbermaid livestock tank for me which will be delivered to our shop tomorrow.

I predict the plumbing will begin to happen in the next week sometime, and I'll be sure to take pictures of that, okay?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Barb WHEN you make a "plumbing parts" run... get a LOT more than what you think. I had most of mine already "mocked up" before today and I have still made THREE trips out!! You just can't have TOO many elbows, "y"s, "t"s, and don't forget unions! I like Unions (now that I know what they are).

Can't wait to see it get started.

BarbMazz

Barb WHEN you make a "plumbing parts" run... get a LOT more than what you think. I had most of mine already "mocked up" before today and I have still made THREE trips out!! You just can't have TOO many elbows, "y"s, "t"s, and don't forget unions! I like Unions (now that I know what they are).

Can't wait to see it get started.

Thanks for the tip, Al.. we were standing in the plumbing aisle at Lowes looking at all those doo-dads! I was like, YIKES. But, I saw things I recognized so it will be "all good".

And, what project DOESN'T include multiple store runs?!?

I can't wait to see it get started either.

Yours is lookin' good!

framerguy

I must have been taking a nap or something, where did this 5 page thread come from and how did I miss it. It looks like Terry is trying to take away Jacks plumbing crown!!

Congratulations Barb, your husband has the hook in his mouth,...let's reel him in!

Personally, I like the water going into the fuge first which is located higher than the sump (either in the basement, or under the tank -have it where you can watch the critters in it). Use a weir, or a drilled internal overflow so you don't have to worry about losing siphon.

Rock On!!

BarbMazz

I must have been taking a nap or something, where did this 5 page thread come from and how did I miss it. It looks like Terry is trying to take away Jacks plumbing crown!!

Congratulations Barb, your husband has the hook in his mouth,...let's reel him in!

Personally, I like the water going into the fuge first which is located higher than the sump (either in the basement, or under the tank -have it where you can watch the critters in it). Use a weir, or a drilled internal overflow so you don't have to worry about losing siphon.

Rock On!!

:) Thanks, Greg. I showed him your FTS and he said, "let's make the tank look like that. Look at all those colors!" I told him you're an artist and he said that makes perfect sense because of the color arrangement.

See, that's how I feel about the fuge...I wanna watch the critters! Would you then have the fuge return water drain down to the sump or return back up to the display?

framerguy

:) Thanks, Greg. I showed him your FTS and he said, "let's make the tank look like that. Look at all those colors!" I told him you're an artist and he said that makes perfect sense because of the color arrangement.

See, that's how I feel about the fuge...I wanna watch the critters! Would you then have the fuge return water drain down to the sump or return back up to the display?

I am not a practicing artist at the moment. In fact I haven't picked up a brush since Aug 06...BUT, I have been giving thought do doing a painting of Scottys Spotty (don't tell him though, it's a surprise [there, that should motivate me]). It's the first thing that has inspired me in nearly two years.

I would have the water drain into the sump for tank return. It's just easier I think.

It's funny you're husband says he wants your tank to look like mine because I was just looking at JFK's with my wife saying I want mine to look like his LOL. I guess we are never satified!

Yours is going to be the bomb, I just know it!

BarbMazz

I am not a practicing artist at the moment. In fact I haven't picked up a brush since Aug 06...BUT, I have been giving thought do doing a painting of Scottys Spotty (don't tell him though, it's a surprise [there, that should motivate me]). It's the first thing that has inspired me in nearly two years.

I would have the water drain into the sump for tank return. It's just easier I think.

It's funny you're husband says he wants your tank to look like mine because I was just looking at JFK's with my wife saying I want mine to look like his LOL. I guess we are never satified!

Yours is going to be the bomb, I just know it!

It doesn't matter if you're practicing or not; you're an artist either way, imo. I don't think it's a coat you can take off! :) You're probably just resting now. Boy, I'd love to see a painting of Spotty!

JFK's tank is just awesome! You know, each one is so beautiful its own unique way. And you know the grass is always greener on the other side!

So, the sump; I would have a T branch off into the fuge under the stand, and have an overflow on the fuge that would return down to the basement? It does sound simple, and probably what I'll do. Lorraine suggested this way, too.

There, decision done! And I'm going to do my darndest to make this tank the bomb!