My 85 gallon DT- A work in progress!!!

leslie

All I know is Big Al said not to do more than 2" so the pockets will not create. I am not sure why they are so harmful.

leslie

UPDATE: Well tank is doing well. We got all of the crushed coral changed to sand. Just cant keep it in place due my cinnamon clown! She sweeps that sand around everywhere. The problem we are having now is our kole tang is not doin well. He is either getting picked on my another fish, whitch we are not seeing, or he is really sick. His fins are looking like they have holes in them and like they are disappearing. On is front fins he has a little white stuff on them. This is just on the front fins, not the rest. I do not see any red lines yet. We are getting the hospitial tank set up tonight to put him in and we are going to treat him with quick cure. Ingrediants in it is formalin and malachite green. This has helped fish we have had in the past. Lets hope it works for him. He is still eating, and acting like normal. Right now he is not acting sick at all.
Leslie

AJ REEF

I hope your kole tang heals up quickly for you.

Female cinnamon clowns can be real terrors.

Your sand should firm up in a couple weeks, until then you may have to deal with sandstorms.

leslie

Well we have now got our Kole tang out into the hospital tank. Will what I mentioned before help him you think? Are we on the right path??

leslie

ANYONE????? :( And he wont come out of the pipe, is this normal? I know he is a tang and needs to swim around but he is just staying in the pipe.

leslie

Thanks for the tip. He will not come out of the pipe for me to even take a pic. Plus the hospitial tank is only 10 gallons and its full of air bubbles from the airline. so no pic could be taken.

leslie

I posted there, I am hoping someone will help me. Guess we will see. I am going to post some new pics of my tank since we changed it to sand and of course some pics of my babies!
CINAMON4_zpse8dfcaeb.jpg

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!! THATS MY B*TCH!!!!!

Last edited:

leslie

This is some pics of us putting our final little bit of sand in our tank. As you can see in all the pics, we did not cloud up the water at all!!!

sand_zps32eb76e3.jpg