My 85 gallon DT- A work in progress!!!

leslie

Right now our tank is not like most of the tanks you see on here. I concider it a beautiful tank just because I love my fish and love to watch them every day. We have a few zoas, green star polyps, mushrooms and kenya trees. Is mainly a fish only tank. As far how to explain what all we have with the tank, I'm not the best at it. Its an 85 gallon bowfront tank. We have a 20 gallon sump and a tunzee protien skimmer. It has for jets for tank flow. We have 4 T5's over the tank. Right now two of the lights are not working due to a blown ballast. We have 2 ordered now and should be here in a few days. We have 4 jets in our tank for circulation. I personally think we need more and I am sure we will get more in due time. Right now we are having a horrible time with red cyno. We are still working on it. We have took out a quarter of the crushed coral and planning on taking out another 3rd or quarter again Saturday. Thats really the only problem we are having with our tank right now.
The fish we have in our tank is...

2 "nemo" clowns
2 cinnamonn clowns
1 phystochromis - i know thats spelled wrong, but sure u get the idea
1 cleaner wrasse
1 kole tang
1 purple sea urchine
1 fire shrimp
1 large serpent starfish
a few snails

I think that is about it. I am going to add some pics of my tank on here. Like I said, we are fighting the cyno, so no need to point that out to me. I just mainly want to show off a regular saltwater fish tank for others who dont have tons of corals or an immaculant tank. Any way thats about it. I hope you all enjoy my thread and will follow, I will be talking about the battle with the cyno and posting lots of pics. Thanks for reading.

Leslie

leslie

new856_zps6ff57f71.jpg

Last edited:

leslie

Well right now thats about all the pics I can share. I have to download more and believe me I have a lot. If anyone has any input please dont be shy, I love feedback. I hope the pics show up well for everyone.

leslie

new8521_zpsb7571bb8.jpg

See this pic shows the cyno problem. We have cleaned and cleaned this rock and it always comes back. Like I said this is a work in progress.