My 29 Bio Cube build thread

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ladies and Gentlemen!! The long awaited Pictures, not really anything much...The new corals, and a FTS

Zenia piece and red shroom(4 inches) $5 each!

normal_REDSHROOM.jpg

zenia(small piece)
normal_ZENIAPULSE.jpg

so I came home from work yesterday and the mushroom was HUGE!!! it had about doubled from where it was in the LFS(they had it under halides, TOO much light for them) Here is the full tank shot...the green algae is cutting back after my bloom...and coraline(which isnt visible in pic) is now growing in places there was none, also on my locline hose.

normal_tankprogress%236.jpg

ENJOY!!!!

Cassette87

Tank is looking great dan! If that mushroom likes your tank, You'll have a dozen more before you know it! That xenia will also likley grow like mad after a few weeks :) Very nice stuff man!

tippMANn98

Cassette, I wish i have a digital copy of a picture i found yesterday...its my old 29 reef from 5 years ago when I lived in south florida....I couldnt believe how much crap I had, didnt remember either...I had 10 or 12 types of shrooms in there...

caitrina

Hey you forgot the drum roll............Looks real nice. Great job. What is the furry looking thing front and center? Feather duster?

tippMANn98

Yea, feather duster, I know, probably wont live long long time, my fiance HAD to have one...and the green is my sm ball of chaeto

caitrina

I like them also, I have a Flame Feather Duster and a few regular old ones, The Flame stayed in one place for months and then crawled out and went behind some rocks, I guess he is still alive. A few other ones crawled away and I thought they had died, but one day saw they had gone to the back, built a new tube and were back there where they can't be seen. I have one in the front that has been there for a little over a year now. Doing fine, so you may be surprised at how long you will have it.

tippMANn98

Very Exciting News!!!!

To start....If you read my thread from a month ago about my "babies" in the tank, try this one on for size.....Last night(sunday) I was up late and gettin ready to hit the bed...go check out the tank(moonlights are on) AND Set forth in front of my eyes was a repeat of past events, MORE BABY SHRIMP...see I knew they were different, there were more and they were smaller this time(this also happend on saturday night as well!!)...I couldnt get any pics or videos this time, I tried...here is the old thread for those of you who havent read it (dont forget to look the video).....BABY SHRIMP I can only come to the conclusion, whatever it is ....they wait until 1-2 hours after "lights out" CRAZYNESS IN MY CUBE!!!!

Exciting News #2!!

My original Idea was to get one more fish, and why not, make it a small True Perc...(after all I found them for $20) Until I came across this guy.....
(not my picture, see below, I only got tentacles so far)
pistol.jpg

I have never kept a Pistol/Goby pair before, I figured why not..it would be cool...I was told he is a Blue Leg Pistol, I found him so far as a Red Pistol Shrimp...Now I have the task of finding a Friend for him...and hopefully they will find/make a cave up front of the tank....If there is any suggestions on keeping these guys or if you have done so successfully, let me know..and maybe some goby suggestions...thanks REEF SANCTUARY!!!
:)

tippMANn98

Here are a few different shots, left and right sides...
right side
normal_RIGHTSIDETANK.jpg

left side
normal_LEFTSIDETANK.jpg

and the pistol shrimp's tentacles!!! thats all I could get!
normal_REDPISTOLSHRIMP.jpg

My other baby!!! SHE IS SOOOO BAD!
l_277fee27ae10b2c5a253bd774d725830.jpg

Last edited:

tippMANn98

Ok, so here is the livestock list 2 months after Initial setup(june 8th) Stock, pump, stock lights, cut out #1 -#2 chamber to increase overall flow, full unit chemipure elite...
30 lbs LR
25 lbs Livesand

Livestock:
1 Klausewitz Blenny
1 Neon Goby
10 Turbo snails
5 cerith snails
5 lg nassarius snails
6-7 blue leg hermits
1 leaf of green ricordea
1 leaf(turning into 3) orange and green ricordea
1 leaf(turning into 2) Teal ricordea
1 lg Red Mushroom
Ring of Fire Zoanthids
Reg Seamat zoos
Neon green center Zoanthids
sm frag Silver tip Pulsing Zenia
1 feather duster
now 1 Blue Leg/Red Pistol Shrimp

SKIMMER GETS HERE IN 2 DAYS!!!

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Very nice start. These are becoming more popular as time goes on. Finding a mate for the shrimp might be an issue I have never found a female.

tippMANn98

The baby shrimp phenomenon, somebody told me that they could be MYSID shrimp, i did some research, and thats what they are!!!! thanks AQTCJAK

tippMANn98

I JUST GOT MY SAPPHIRE SKIMMER!!!!! WHOOOO HOOO, gotta go home and hook it up now....pictures tommorrow of the setup!!!

Cassette87

Awesome! Can't wait to see the photos! You're tank is looking GREAT so far! glad to hear your rics are doing well! how long were they in the system before beginning to frag?

tippMANn98

the orange and green ones were in there about a week before they started....let me ask a question now....I have those teal colored rics and I picked up a brighter orange ric, neither has fully expanded yet(and the teal ones have been there for 2-3 weeks so far) anyway, their color concerns me, you can see the florescent color the teal/orange, but the actual color of the disk is a clear color, my other 2 rics(the all green and the orange/green splitting) their disk color is a light brown color(beneath the greens and oranges) the other 2 rics----> did I pick 2 that were malnourished/sick/or on their way out???