My 29 Bio Cube build thread

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice reef! I've gotten some beautiful ricordia while vacationing in florida. There are several lfs down there that I just love to visit.... I need to go again soon!

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Update Pics!!

Ok well its Monday, got some news on my Ricordea. Im gonna be a father again, my orange and green ric is almost done dividing, 1st, can i help, cuz im going no vacation and dont want it to just float anywhere, and 2nd it might be dividing twice, I might have 3 rics for the price of one @$8 AWESOME.... And I got a new ric too!!

Let me ask, have you ever seen this color before??? Looks like its splitting...

Neon "Teal?" Ric:
normal_NEWNEONRICORDEA7-16.jpg

Green/orange Ric splitting...Can or should I help it, like i said, i would like to place it BEFORE i leave for vacation(sat 7/21): The bottom right part of it has 2 mouths, its all curled up, but when you look at it close up, you see the other base almost seperated!!
normal_green%26orangeRICSPLIT2.jpg

Full tank shot: I hope that green algae on top is only because tank is still maturing....?????
normal_tankprogress%235-2.jpg

tippMANn98

UPDATES Before & After pics

Sm Green Zoas: And Check out the Coraline differences on these pics...big growth difference...IM SOOOO HAPPY ALL IS WELL...
BEFORE
normal_xspolyps2.jpg

AFTER
normal_SMGREENZOOS7-16.jpg

with actinics only:
normal_SMGREENZOOSactinics.jpg

Ring Of Fire Zoas:
BEFORE
normal_ringoffirepolyps.jpg

AFTER
normal_ringoffirepolyps7-16--3.jpg

Green Ricordea:
BEFORE
normal_ricordia1.jpg

AFTER
normal_ricordia4-7-16.jpg

Hope you enjoy, WOW, now looking at them, A couple of weeks makes a big difference with the Zoas.....anybody want any ring of fire soon???

tippMANn98

Those before and after pics are awesome looking!!! Cant believe it....im proud that these first corals have done sooo well

tippMANn98

the only thing, I dont want the ric to just float and end up in the back when Im gone....im leaving on saturday morning...now its split even more...its gonna be close...

tippMANn98

Ok, check it out, here is the Orange and Green Ric NOW(the picture shows no justice to the real colors of this ric, trust me, its a very pretty ric!!)Now, I am positive, its dividing twice, there are 2 new rics coming off!!! thats 3 orange and green rics for $8!!!!

And my blenny "hiding" in his hole! And his little buddy the Neon Goby!

Ricordea's:
normal_RICSPLIT7-19.jpg

Blenny in "HIDING":
normal_BLENNYINHOLE.jpg

Goby's first appearance in a week!!:
normal_NEONGOBY.jpg

ENJOY!

caitrina

I like those rics you got, the teal colored ones, very nice. Rics are becoming one of my favorites. I didn't like them when I first got into all of this, but now I look for all the different colored ones I can find.

tippMANn98

Its too bad, the teal ones still really haven't fully opened up yet...soon I hope, and as for the orange and greens, WOW, they are 3 connected by just threads now.....1 is almost now 3

tippMANn98

Ok, IM BACK FROM VACATION, and my tank is fine!! Whew!! im so happy that nothing went wrong, and, my rics(orange and green) are not totally done splitting, but almost, they are all the same size now....Had a good vacation, needed the break!

tippMANn98

Pics will be soon, nothing new though, I'm ordering my skimmer on friday this week, so then I will really start stocking.....im getting picky on corals now though, I dont need any more green, looking for some nice stuff....

tippMANn98

Well, its Thursday, I bought 2 new pieces last night. one really nice metallic red Mushroom(single, he was at the bottom of the tank @ lfs) hes about 3-3 1/2"---$5 bucks! the other a small frag of Silver Tip-Pulsing Zenia(what I been waiting for) it has 3 or 4 very small stalks(each with 5-10 polyps)--$5 bucks!!!! Now I can watch it grow, havent had the lights on them yet, until today later when they come on...I will have pics for ya'll tomorrow of the new additions!!!

I ordered my sapphire skimmer today (bc29, not the recirc.), I should get it around tues/wed next week!!!! finally!! My tank is doing awesome without it, but now I will be able to increase the load a little!! bye for now!!!